New to this

I know. It's harder than hard to let go but sometimes the things which are the hardest turn out to be the best things for us in the long run.

Immerse yourself in other things right now, things which in no way remind you of her. Give yourself permission to grieve the loss of the friendship and what might have been. Get angry, get sad, get however you need to to grieve. Get it all out, or as much as you can.

It took a couple of months but eventually Breathes THANKED me for messing up that relationship. He did his grieving, will probably do some more, but he is recovering quite nicely :d.

One day your will surprise yourself when you realize that you haven't thought about her in X number of days. Then you will know things will be ok.

Add me if you like. I do answer PM's as soon as I can after I get them.

I'm also on facebook, livejournal and a new fb type app which apparently has better security but a lot LESS games (try NONE) called fuzzyorb.

FB & fuzzyorb you can find me through my email [email protected] and livejournal I'm singlemomcanada.

Hugs and good luck with this. You will make it, one day at a time, but you will make it through to the other end.

I've read all of your posts about your prospective girlfriend and I suggest that you let her go. I understand that you and your husband really desire to find a woman to share your life and love with. And, I also know how hard that is to find. But- that is no reason to ignore the red flags when they come up. Within 2 or 3 meetings, you can tell if a person is financially responsible and self sufficient, honest, emotionally mature and dependable etc.

When we choose to ignore the signs which show up within the first several meetings, then we are to blame for ignoring them and moving forward.

I would suggest that you remain open for meeting someone else and this time, focus on your list of qualities. When you see that the person doesn't embody the most important ones, let the person go. It's easier to let them go after the 2nd meeting than it is 6 months to a year down the road.

Good luck!!

Back