Any Other Gay Trinogamous Relationships

jcdlove

I was wondering if there are any other gay male Trinogamous relationships that is not based solely on sex that has been working?Any advice... my original post is "New to Trinogamy".

what is "trinogamy" please?

Do you mean a relationship between three people? A triad?

To answer your question, or at least to attempt to, there are many threads here on triad relationships. Whether or not they are gay or not might not be specified, but we have had gay people discuss here. I find it usually doesn't make too much of a difference what identity one takes with such things. People are people and we are all trying to figure this poly thing out anyway.

You might want to try doing a search in the tags for "triad" "triads" "vees" or anything else that looks interesting. Who knows, maybe "gay" is a tag that has something under it.

If you ask a specific question or bring up a specific topic, that might help us help you also....

Last edited:
My understanding is that it refers specifically to a sexually fidelitous triad. Like "monogamy" but with "tri" in place of "mono". It's actually a cute and clever term but yeah, it's funny, I've never seen it used here, though we discuss the concept if poly-fi triads all the time. It seems like it's a word used much more by the gay male community, not sure why.

I seem to recall another poster from a while back who was in an all-dude triad but I don't remember his name.

Gay Triads

My partner and I have experience with monogamous gay triads. If you'd like personal advice or stories based on experience, send me a note.

Cheers,

Mike

There is a member here, username RfromRMC, who is a gay male in a polyfidelitous MMM triad. I recall him referring to his triad as a throuple once.

Howdy...that's me.
After a long absence, I am back.
No longer in a triad though...single again.

But to the Original Poster---if you have any questions or want some insights I'd be very very happy to share whatever I can. I'm already giving another mmm triad a few pointers here and there of things that I know don't work well. ;) If others can learn from our mistakes, I'm happy to be an open book for ya.

In the meantime, if you wanna read about some successful male triads there is this article: http://www.gayexpress.co.nz/2011/09/threes-no-crowd/
and this one: http://tinyurl.com/4vcjckm

Last edited:
Back