me

atthis

Hello everybody,

My mother tongue is french. I hope you will forgive me for mistakes.
I'm a young woman, I live in a commune. I'm pansexual and I have polyamory relationships, since teenage years.

I love to discover new people, new points of view, new ways of life, new languages !
I say often that "the happiness is -just- a choice" but even an eternal optimist have sometimes one's heart in one's boots.

I'm also very excited to discover this forum, I'm going now to explore it !

Atthis

PS : The greatest gift for me : that you correct my language mistakes

Greetings atthis,
Welcome to our forum.

Right off hand I didn't spot any errors in your spelling or grammar; your English seems to be pretty good. It will flow more naturally and "pick up tricks of the trade" as you get more practice writing and reading it.

It sounds like you have a number of years' poly experience under your belt. That will make you a valuable contributor to some of the new-to-poly threads around here. People will seek, need, and appreciate your advice.

Of course that deal works both ways. When you have a thought, question, or concern you'd like to share, we're here to help and listen. Check out our various threads and boards and see what calls to you.

The commune you lived in, was it a poly commune? Just curious.

Glad to have you aboard,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thank you for your welcome

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your welcome and your encouragement for the language.

That's right, I lived a lot of experiences and I'm very glad if I can help someone. I don't believe that I can give advices but each one can pick up in my experience what seems good for him/her.

About commune, we never use the word "poly", we are what we are, we feel what we feel, it's a start. But, yes, most of them are poly.

Atthis

PS : The greatest gift for me : that you correct my language mistakes

Okay, I think I see what you mean about your commune. Largely poly but not completely poly and not "officially" poly. And you guys don't actually use the word "poly." (Just curious, is there some kind of a French word that can be used instead of "poly?")

Re:
"I don't believe that I can give advices but each one can pick up in my experience what seems good for him/her."

Slight correction -- use "advice" instead of "advices." Advice is a particular kind of noun that doesn't have a plural form. The closest you could come is to say "words of advice."

I hope to hear more of your thoughts and experiences.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Exactly, it is not usual for us to use the word "poly" (I think it didn't exist at the commune beginnings). It's the same word in french : "polyamour" (=polyamory) and "polyamoureux" (=polyamorous).
The first time that I saw a description of the polyamory I thought "It's amazing ! that's exactly what we are !"
My commune is not an association of "poly fan" but just folk they like this kind of creative and satisfying common life. I didn't rejoint the commune for a reason of philosophy but because I fell in love with girls of the commune and staying with them was natural (not for my parents :p).

I take it your parents aren't members of the commune ... :)

Interesting to hear the words "polyamory" and "polyamorous" as spoken in French.

Cheers,
Kevin T.

Back