Hello!

pandafish

I'm Pandafish. Female 38. Married to my husband, we have one son and one baby on the way. Will briefly try to explain my situation.

Started exploring poly last year. My experience sort of blew up in my face and I backed off thinking I was obviously meant for monogamy since I don't do heartbreak well. Person came back in my lfie. I thought maybe I can do poly after all. Person left again (today).

Now I am wondering...Am I poly? Or do I just love my husband and this other man?

How do you figure it out? :confused:

Greetings pandafish,
Welcome to our forum.

We are speaking a bit about semantics here: To some, polyamory is an orientation; to others, it is a life situation. You aren't required to subscribe to one or the other, so just go with what you're comfortable with as far as describing yourself is concerned.

The important thing is trying to decide what you should actually do: Should you pursue this poly lovestyle, or is it not in your best interest to do so? Only you can answer that question, but before you answer it, learn as much as you can about polyamory.

This website is a great place to start. Explore the threads a little, and post any thoughts or questions that you may have. I would suggest start with the Golden Nuggets board. There's also a book you might want to consider reading: It's called "Opening Up" and it's written by Tristan Taormino. And I recommend Franklin Veaux's poly pages.

Hope this helps, and good to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back