Hello! A Ninja has joined you!

Shinobi

Hello All

This is my first time posting. I came out as poly to my wife a couple months before we were married in June. While it was difficult at first, we have completely managed to work things out. I now identify as gay, and am in love with a wonderful poly boy who's my secondary, so I'm also in a mixed-orientation marriage.

Things have not been easy for me: this has been such a radical shift in my world view and I think I repressed my sexuality for so long that I didn't want to admit that I was not "wired" for monogamy, let alone that I was gay. I was raised in a strict Roman Catholic home, so it didn't help my sexuality nor my self esteem much. Still, I consider myself a devout Christian.

That being said I still love my wife and we have no intention of divorcing: somewhere along the line, before I figured out I was gay, we fell in love and that hasn't changed. She's a wonderful primary and has grown leaps and bounds since we started on this journey together. She's met, likes and approves of my bf, and thinks he's a nice boy. She's even become open to the idea of one day maybe even starting a family together. I love them both so much. I've also been slowly coming out to my close friends
and I'm just happy not hiding who I am anymore, even if that might take a while.

I'm also a blues musician, student (focusing mostly in secular Biblical and Near Eastern studies) and Ninja (yep I practice Ninjutsu and Samurai arts) in my spare time as well as a writer of novels (all unpublished). Oh I also speak Latin. I'm on here just looking for support, maybe even hoping to find other Christian polys in mixed orientation marriages. Look forward to meeting everybody! Thanks!

Shinobi

Hello Shinobi,

I have to echo that thought; you sound like an interesting man. Anyways, welcome from me, a belated welcome, but welcome nonetheless.

It sounds like you've had your challenges (coming to grips with things, etc.), and a lot to balance, but many rewards too. I'm glad you could join us; I hope you enjoy your time on our site.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back