I taught my poly bf something =)

My bf who is poly is always trying to get me to meet other people...something I am open to doing but isnt instinctual for me (I have social anxiety which I think is one large cause of this...I have trouble just meeting people.) I explained to him that many people have mono poly relationships. and He asked me "So like the guy is poly and his gfs are mono?" and I told him actually know online there are a few men who are mono who date poly women. He was kind of surprised. I am wondering, how he has been poly for so many years, has read most of the books on polyamory, attends poly meetups ect ect and didnt know that monopoly relationships do in fact exist? I think he was under the impression that two must be poly for the relationship to work out. Yes its a challange, but it seems like it can work out!. I am kind of proud of myself for coming on here and discovering things for myself. (although I read online that polys hate newbs who read everything they can get thier hands on.... :confused:) I find this place super helpful. I like you guys!:D

Hi,
Read lots and make your own conclusions. There is so much information available and much of it is very fluid so if I can offer any advice it's learn thorugh others but don't idolize or try to become others.
Looking forward to hearing more from you :D

Peace and Love
Mono

mono, I am not trying to force myself to become poly or anything, I just dont feel strongly poly or mono, so I guess im soaking up as much info as I can and seeing what works for out me. :eek:

(although I read online that polys hate newbs who read everything they can get thier hands on.... :confused:)

I don't know where this comes from. I "hate" it when people don't read what's out there...not that you have to read everything there is. I am constantly encouraging people to read around on this site and am trying to help make it easier for new members to find the information that would be helpful to them. It is refreshing to see someone such as yourself being proactive about learning everything they can before attempting to put it into practice.

hey thanks. I read it online, on some website explaining poly "lingo" and there was a term for new polys who read everything lol. I was thinking oh shit, that could be me...but hey, I am into a boy who considereds polyamory to be an important value to him so I think its right that i should do my best to understand it, especially when questions or problems arise, I love that I can get some imput around here.

Back