Here we go again.

aha!

Been missing you around here, dear. I hope all is well in your head space, and best of luck with your book- I am already a big fan if your writing on here is any indication, and I'm sure its not even the tip of the iceberg. Do let us know when and where we can rush out to get a copy when it's published.

... Okay, I thought I would have a little fun and throw a monkey wrench into the image many of you have of me. Here goes!:

I had a kind of date with a woman yesterday. That's right. You heard me.

And we're going to be seeing each other again. Too.

I'm not saying much more than that. Except we appear to like one another.

Will report more when there's more to report -- but nothing that could jynx (jinx?) the thing.

She is now my friend. Non-romantic. Good friend.

====

But I am falling in love with eight acres of land -- thirty miles South and West, near the Rio Grande -- walking distance, even.

Long dream of building our own house, small and simple (straw bale) ... (look it up)..., growing vegetables, fruit, nuts ... bees, chickens.... and community. With human and animals of wild and "tame" varieties....

Deepening love affair with Earth, our common home.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just beyond the foreground fence is part of those eight acres. And here's a shot from above--in the brown of winter. And here's the river a short walk away, in fall.

hmm.... Yesterday I sucessfully posted some photos in my above post. Today, I don't see them. Any clues?

....//////....

Hmmm. I logged in to post the above, and then the point was moot, as I could then see the photos!

I think there must be a causal relationship here. ... I think I get it. ... You have to be logged in to see the photos?

Scientists?

I really need to attend to what needs attending to in order to open myself to the healthier state I reported months ago. I think getting back into running and sitting meditation will likely help. And I need to drink less alcohol.

It's interesting to go back and have a look at this old, old post of mine.

I came here to find the link to this "Here we go again" so I could post it at "River's Blog" -- and then to retire this thread to the archives.

Well, I HAVE been meditating daily -- sometimes twice! now -- often with my sweetie, Kevin. And I'm enjoying it, although I got a little scared yesterday while sitting -- when everything went silent and I seemed to be falling, dropping in dark space, freefall. I found that I could still locate the sensation of breathing -- but did thrust my eyes open to find my location! Don't let this be a reason to fear meditation: I say to you; I say to me.

I didn't mention that I used to smoke cigarettes -- only a little, but too much -- besides the drinking (which I did mention). Well, I've given that up. And now I'm drinking less, and intend to stop doing that exessively. Mainly because it wrecks my sleep, my meditation, and my availability to the subtle things I want to attend to.

I still have just one sweetie. But I have an invisible red carpet I'm working on and its nearly finished and I'll put it out (invisibly!) when it's ready. I think the nearly readyness of this red carpet is starting to be magical already! Its not really so glamorous as a red carpet. What it is? It is a big Welcome! It silently says, Yes! To he or she who can meet me here, in our heart.

[edit] -- about that blog, Food For Thought. I'm not sure if it is dead or only sleeping. And about that land search? We were about to sign papers when our
friend with the big bag of money to loan suddenly had only a very, very small bag of money. Life teaches patience, no?

Last edited:
Life teaches patience, no?

Yes. Yes it does.

It's funny you should mention fear of meditation. I was just writing about that. Perhaps it will find it's way to the forum when complete.

Please continue to take marvelous care of yourself.

Yes. Yes it does.

It's funny you should mention fear of meditation. I was just writing about that. Perhaps it will find it's way to the forum when complete.

Please continue to take marvelous care of yourself.

With your help, dear friend.

PS - In the "noise and haste" I've somehow forgotten that you and RC aren't Canadians, but that you live only in the Far North of Michigan. I hope this un-confuses things a little. I had things sorted wrong!

Back