Polyamory and Memorial Day

dragonflysky

I saw a photo today on the headlines of AOL. It was taken three years ago at Arlington Cemetery. It was of a young woman who was lying prostate at the grave of her dead fiance. He was a soldier who had died in Afghanistan. I just started bawling my eyes out.

The connection with poly and Memorial Day? Maybe none, but in my mind....We are indeed all "one". The human race. The divisiveness in our day to day lives, in our world, has to stop. If we cannot learn to set aside our jealousies, our possessiveness, need for total control and ownership, a belief in "scarcity" when it comes to love...what hope is there? Not to say that I don't struggle with these traits. I do. But I'm consciously working on not giving into them. "Should" all become poly??? Is it more "holy" and "spiritual"?? I don't know, but I do believe that we could all benefit from seeing love as being abundant, and others as ultimately being "one" with ourselves, (Just call me Pollyanna or should I say "Poly"anna?! ;):D)

Last edited:
Damn browser crashing...retype time

Memorial day is a time to remember the fallen. My thoughts are with those fallen and hurt.

"Should" all become poly???

No...I consider poly as a romantic thing. I know others make it all inclusive, but that leaves me feeling uncomfortable. So for me you are asking the question "is everyone poly"...no they aren't...so "should" they...no they shouldn't.

Is it more "holy" and "spiritual"??

No...it isn't. :)...you are excluding a whole slew of atheists and agnostics who don't apply spirituality into their day to day lives, let alone love. Myself included :p

but I do believe that we could all benefit from seeing love as being abundant, and others as ultimately being "one" with ourselves

In a non romantic, all encompassing, love is awesome kind of way. I agree :) But love isn't the solution to all of the worlds problems. There are people, who to their core, regardless of communication cannot get along. Love won't heal that...communication might :)...

I believe love conquers all. But not in the same way as romantic love. Love in actions, words, respect for myself and those around me, being compassionate, communicating, honesty, being open to change and grow and open with my love. I think that changes energy in the world and therefore changes the world. Call me what ever you want for that belief, but I have seen it change my life and the lives of those around me.... that is proof enough. Call it what you will... god, jesus, whoemever... love in it's purest is essential for our survival... I grew up with star wars, what can I say, its all transferable. :p

Back