Greetings All

LoveWarrior

I am a 42 year old lesbian and have been predominantly a serial monogamist for my entire life. I had a very brief, three person relationship with two other women in my mid-30s and dated a poly bisexual woman for a short time in my later 30s. Neither of those situations worked out as I had hoped...

I have been in a long distance relationship with a binogamous woman for the past five months. She and her BF have been together for 2+ years and are also mostly long distance but share living space in two cities. (He and I live in the same city.) It has been one of the most welcoming, loving, supportive relationships of my life. I am very blessed to have close friends who are open and accepting of this relationship and my GF and am joining this community hoping to find additional support as I move forward.

On my part, though I am intellectually drawn to polyamous relationships and people, I am not certain I have the emotional capacity to be actively poly myself. I am looking for a place to help me stay honest with myself about my relationship to polyamory. It's not always so easy to be that when everything around you reinforces monogamy.

Welcome aboard.

On my part, though I am intellectually drawn to polyamous relationships and people, I am not certain I have the emotional capacity to be actively poly myself. I am looking for a place to help me stay honest with myself about my relationship to polyamory. It's not always so easy to be that when everything around you reinforces monogamy.

Welcome and "Bravo" for your willingness to try and stay honest with yourself! Me, too. I'd never heard of polyamory until meeting the male person in my couple online. (Him, heterosexual, His first partner, female/bi, and me, female/hetero)When he initially told me about it I was certain it wasn't for me. But after a lot of honest examination I found myself open to the idea. The journey, however, continues.

Welcome and "Bravo" for your willingness to try and stay honest with yourself! Me, too. I'd never heard of polyamory until meeting the male person in my couple online. (Him, heterosexual, His first partner, female/bi, and me, female/hetero)When he initially told me about it I was certain it wasn't for me. But after a lot of honest examination I found myself open to the idea. The journey, however, continues.

Thanks, much. Life can be quite a lovely adventure when one opens to the idea...;)

Back