Congratulations to mono and redpepper

polynerdist

For those who may not know it, mono and redpepper's 1 year anniversary together has arrived. I would like to take a moment to acknowledge their relationship, congratulate them on this milestone, and offer my love as redpepper's husband.

2009 was an incredible, fun, challenging, sad, happy, radical and transformative year for redpepper and I. It was a year of beginnings, endings, and profound change both individually and within our relationship. During this tumultuous time, through serendipitous chance, mono and redpepper met, fell in love, and ultimately created the loving, mutually supportive, and deep relationship that exists today between them.

I am very thankful that mono is who he is; for it is he, as much as it is redpepper and I, that has helped this to work. I have a great deal of respect for him for what he has personally achieved by getting to the place that he is in today. Amongst other things, he has had to learn to embrace a different way to look at relationships, deal with the public scorn that resulted from us coming out, and let go of an old life without knowing what, if anything, would replace it.

I will never forget the first time I spoke with mono. Despite redpepper's assurances to the contrary, he was convinced that I was going to murder him!

redpepper, my partner in love and crime, I am glad that you have found someone great to love and be loved by. It's clear how happy mono makes you. :)

It is important to me to somehow publicly acknowledge this milestone in their lives. Without doing so it will likely pass unnoticed by the world, and not receive the social legitimacy it deserves.

redpepper and mono, I am proud of what you, and we, have created so far. Much love on your one year anniversary, and here's to many more happy years!

I love to hear positive stuff like this of people who are really making a poly relationship work. All the theories and academic treatises are, in my opinion, no substitute for the sort of thing you folks have!

Congratulations, may there be many more!

Polynerdist, Thank you for your post of celebration for your family. It has been amazing to read and grow with redpepper & mono in the few months I have been here. I feel in my heart, as we ourselves gain so much from their sharing that to hear it from YOU personally validates more of my feelings for my family!!

Welcome to the forums & congratulations to you ALL!!

Oh, dear, I'm all verklempt now... this is lovely and I'm very happy for the three of you. Congratulations indeed!

Absolutely awesome for all of you! You all have my sincerest wishes for many, many more years of love and happiness.

WOW, what a surprise to come home to today. Mono and I spent the night together and managed to stay off of here for the whole time. ;)

Nerdist :)D so cute) told me I should go right on the computer and check the forum. Something that is not usually welcome! heh. :p and here it is!!

I am in tears at how wonderful my husband is, to acknowledge something such as this is full compersion to me. I am on top of the world. What hard work, but we are making it, we have made it.

I just have to say that without this forum we would not have such good legs to stand on. Thank you thank you thank you, ALL OF YOU for helping us. Your love and support mean the world to me and make it possible for me to give the same love and support back. This is family, this is community to me, we can all do this, we are living proof. Sure you might not want the same thing as we have, but you can have whatever you need/want/desire to be happy, if you work hard and keep coming from a place of love and caring in my opinion.

I have learned so much. Phew......

onwards and upwards :D

kisses and hugs, redpepper.

It is important to me to somehow publicly acknowledge this milestone in their lives. Without doing so it will likely pass unnoticed by the world, and not receive the social legitimacy it deserves.

redpepper and mono, I am proud of what you, and we, have created so far. Much love on your one year anniversary, and here's to many more happy years!

Congrats to Mono and RP.

Welcome PolyN!

It's so nice to finally see something in writing from YOU!!!!

Maca and I talk endlessly about "I wonder what (you) would say..."

I hope you all continue to have a wonderful year!

yes congratulations to you too polynerdist! you have written a lovely and very touching message yourself, recognising the value of poly relationships getting the "social legitimacy" they deserve, (despite the prejudiced judgements of those outside them, whether in this community or outside).

all the best to all three of you and all your loved-ones x

Last edited:

I am truly honored and humbled by your words, my friend. Thank you for opening your own heart and accepting me as chosen family. Your guidance and reassurance has given us the strength to push through some very painful and trying times. Your quick action in times of family crisis during our coming out are a testimony to the strength of your character and belief in being true to yourself. You are an example of strength and integrity for all around you. You are the pillar of Redpepper's life, I am humbled by your character and am proud to stand next to you and offer my support as part of our chosen family.

To Redpepper...thanks for hanging in there...honestly, you blow me away.

This forum has been a place to collect my thoughts and journal. Every now and then I get to help some one....thanks to all.

Peace and Love
Mono

P.S. I can't believe he didn't murder me! :eek:

So beautiful! I'm proud of you three, though I barely know you. Congratulations! *applause*

I told my husband about this thread and he was impressed by Mr. Redpepper's compersion. We, too had a similar experience where my "other guy" thought S would "kill him", although they never did end up meeting and things never went much further than that.

I'm trying to gradually normalize the idea of us seeing other people by talking about it like it's something that goes on all around us. It's nice to have stories "of success and happiness" to balance with the less pleasant struggles that we hear about.

Back