I'm Back!!

sage

I was on this forum, a couple of years ago now as the mono in a relationship with a poly partner. Got my act together with some amazing help from you guys and left the forum because I felt I was sorted on the poly front.

I see there a still a few familiar names here from the past but most of you are new. Anyway short story, now living in Melbourne, Australia. Still in a great relationship with Zen but developing a lovely relationship with J (oh dear Zen also has a relationship with a J, better make my J, J2 :)) Back here because my developing a second romantic relationship is pushing Zen's buttons and bringing up a lot of emotion for him. We're dealing with it and having a good time but experience tells me that waters could get choppy so re-connecting here as back-up.

Nice to be back.

Sage.

Hi sage,

It sounds like the tables have been turned, as now Zen is the one who has to wrap his mind around you having a poly partner. I hope Polyamory.com can be of some help.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks Kevin but you probably realise it isn't really a matter of 'the tables being turned'. I think one of the positives of polyamory is that it tends to bring up our 'stuff' to be dealt with. We can be fine with things on an intellectual level but all kinds of emotions can come to the fore. My polyamorous relationship is bringing up feelings of abandonment in Zen that we have traced back to his childhood. We have been together for five years and the other night he lay in my arms and just cried, something he has never done before. We are taking things very gently and very respectfully and I'm having fun putting all the skills I learned here into practise. :)

Sounds good to me. Not that it is all fun and games, but it is beneficial in the long run.

I remember your name. :). Have just recently returned myself.

Hey sage welcome back :D

How long have you been in this second relationship with j2 ?

Is Z going to get his own account?

Is Z getting professional help with his struggle ? If not .... Great insight on his part.

Back