Confused in WI

Letitbe

I'm from WI and new to this site. I am married and my husband is poly. Although my husband is poly, he has been in both poly and mono relationships and is ok with both. I am mono, so we are currently mono. But, I'm poly curious. And just very confused. I would love to have someone to talk to who is in or near WI. I feel so very alone because none of my friends and family understand.

Last edited:
Have you spoken with your husband about it? Or do you not want to let him know you're interested yet?

I'm in Australia now but am a Wisconsinite by birth. Hope you find someone near by to speak with :)

Hey there, welcome. If confusion is your main issue at this point, there are great resources for understanding all this stuff, mono/poly, common problems, useful terms and concepts, etc. at www.morethantwo.com.

there is couple ...cheesehead, the guy and cheesylady both from Wi. I remember them because I made Brett Farve jokes on there thread...perhaps send her a pm about location and groups or resources they found.

My husband knows I'm interested and has been very supportive. He is trying not to push me into anything, but I can tell he is excited about the possibility.

I just feel confused about what i want. I've grown up with mono and all I've ever known is mono, so poly is very new and foreign to me. I am intrigued though.

Hello I am from Wisconsin also and just joined this forum. Maybe we can talk about this together and find a solution to both our needs????

there is couple ...cheesehead, the guy and cheesylady both from Wi.

CheesyLady posted that she and her husband have split and are getting a divorce. I don't think he would want to get any messages from poly peeps, as he wasn't too keen on poly (to put it lightly), but she might welcome messages. Maybe she lives somewhere near you in WI.

Hi, Letitbe! I am in Wisconsin; I was born here, and after 10 years in Minnesota I came back. I am in northwestern WI, so I'm kind of in the boonies, though I am near Eau Claire, which is...well, not large, but large for northwestern WI.

I'm also pretty new to the forum, but have been in a poly "v" for the past couple of years. There are definitely challenges, and our story is still being written, so to speak. There are certainly things that we could have done differently, and I wish I'd found this forum before hand to learn from the experiences and wisdom here.

Feel free to pm me! Even if we are not in the same area of the state it would be great to connect with you!

Welcome to the board!

i'm also from wisconsin and poly-curious. it's very nerve wracking getting started! but i don't have many experiences with poly, so it's hard for me to know how i will feel or how i will deal with negative feelings.

My husband knows I'm interested and has been very supportive. He is trying not to push me into anything, but I can tell he is excited about the possibility.

I just feel confused about what i want. I've grown up with mono and all I've ever known is mono, so poly is very new and foreign to me. I am intrigued though.

I know this is an older thread, but I think we might be in the same boat. :)

Back