What kind of physical touch do you like in a loving relationship(s)?~

What kind of physical touch do you like in a loving relationship(s)?~

• Holding arms.~

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ColorsWolf

What kind or "levels" of physical touch do you like in a loving relationship(s)?~

Also what kind of 'level of privacy' do you like?~

This thread is about "levels" of "intimacy" and "privacy" of being in a "romantic loving" relationship.~ :)

Those listed above are just "examples" of "intimacy" you are comfortable with.~

Personally, 'privacy' when it comes to loving relationships doesn't exist for me, I see no reason we should keep any thing from each other if we truly love each other and we should NEVER 'get tired' of being around each other.~

I'm the kind of person, that I am all over some one all of the time or at least I think I would be: most of my relationships have never progressed farther than "online", but even with people I just met I am delighted if they want to hug me, usually I try not to touch people if I just met them as I do not know their level of comfort with such things.~

Slowly, over the years I have almost completely erased any sense of "personal space" for myself personally, although I still observe and often respect others'.~

I remember this one time when I first arrived at a huge college campus I was just hanging out and some one came up behind me and put their hands over my eyes and said, "Guess who?!" and I said, "Uh, I don't know." then they took their hands off my eyes and looked at my face and said, "Oh sorry, thought you were some one else." and I said, "Oh, that's ok, it's all good, bro. :)"

I have two dog brothers currently and I've had many non-Human family members and I cuddle them all the time, just to hold them in my arms their head nestled in my chest, I love it!~ ^_^

My ideal romantic loving relationship(s) is one where we are almost always touching some how, cuddling, nestled in each others' arms, holding hands, rubbing our faces against each others', rubbing noses, kissing each other every where light, soft, few, many, short, long, etc., nuzzeling each other, rubbing our bodies against each other like cats or dogs, etc. all in public, non-public, where ever we happen to be, to just do what we feel and say how we feel!~ ^_^

If I were to get into many relationships that have progressed to the point of meeting in-person, then I would want them to be the same way as the above.~ Also, we would all love each other and sit, cuddle, nuzzel, kiss, and sleep in one big pile.~

Sex doesn't have to be what every thing is leading to, but if it happens then it happens.~ ^_^

Last edited:
Im very physical. I like pda, holding hands, hugging, butt slapping etc and I expect in a romantic relationship that my partner is the same way

I didn't vote because all are applicable. I like lots of affection but I also value my physical space too.

In public, I'm not really into heavy petting and groping in a completely public "vanilla" space because I think it's antisocial and consent issues can come into play. Casual physical affection is fine. Public sex in an appropriate space is fine.

Huge difference for me between real life and virtual contact. I'm pretty much worthless with interactions in meatspace. (So yup, I'm that oddball who voted in the lowest category. Different cities, or even countries, is a wee tad over arm's length... ;):p)

In virtual spaces (chat, phone, etc.), it goes up to the second - cuddles and the like. I enjoy the thought of these, a lot, and putting the thought into writing... but I get very uncomfy when it leaves the theoretical level and turns into actual biological skin pressure.

I didn't vote because all are applicable. I like lots of affection but I also value my physical space too.

In public, I'm not really into heavy petting and groping in a completely public "vanilla" space because I think it's antisocial and consent issues can come into play. Casual physical affection is fine. Public sex in an appropriate space is fine.

Thank you for sharing that.~ ^_^

In my opinion: There is a difference between sexual activities and physical intimacy.~

Physical Intimacy is when you physically "give affection", it can lead to or turn into (depending upon the definition or perspective of) sexual activities but physical intimacy (depending on the level and type) is not considered by those involved to be a sexual activity.~

However: if any one here defines "intimacy" and/or "sexual activities" differently than I do, then please say so and explain in detail in this thread like london has generously done, although that is completely optional what ever you are comfortable with is fine.~

Thank you.~

It's too bad I can't vote for multiple options but I love hugging, cuddles, holding hands and pda.

That's not the point, these are just "examples" of "levels" of "physical close distance" to "show affection".~

Huge difference for me between real life and virtual contact. I'm pretty much worthless with interactions in meatspace. (So yup, I'm that oddball who voted in the lowest category. Different cities, or even countries, is a wee tad over arm's length... ;):p)

In virtual spaces (chat, phone, etc.), it goes up to the second - cuddles and the like. I enjoy the thought of these, a lot, and putting the thought into writing... but I get very uncomfy when it leaves the theoretical level and turns into actual biological skin pressure.

Well said, thank you for sharing that!~ ^_^

Last edited:
If im not romantically involved with someone (have a sexual relationship) I do not like to be touched at all. I know a lot of people who are touchy feely with their friends but I am not

Really can't vote, since most of these could apply in different scenarios. No one is going to be at one level of physical expression, at all times.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, but no one can speak for all people or any one but themselves.~

And yes, there are some people who have specifically said no matter how close in a loving relationship they are with some one(s) they are never comfortable with going beyond a certain point of physical intimacy, I have been on many forums before and I see this or some form of this often with people "diagnosed" with "Asperger's Syndrome" and similar things.~

But this is not limited to only people who are seen this way, this is not a "general all-applying to every one every where thing" otherwise there would be no need for a poll in the first place, this is an individual thing and I would like to hear every one's opinions.~

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your opinion, but no one can speak for all people or any one but themselves.
I was only speaking for myself. Do you want the members here to add to a discussion topic or not? When you ask people for their views, it is counter-productive and rude to scold them for expressing them. If you truly want to read what everyone has to share on the topic, then let them. Sheesh.

Last edited:
I was only speaking for myself. Do you want the members here to add to a discussion topic or not? When you ask people for their views, it is counter-productive and rude to scold them for expressing them. If you truly want everyone has to share on the topic, then let them. Sheesh.

You said and I quote:

No one is going to be at one level of physical expression, at all times.

Why would you profess to speak for every one else?~

I'm not angry or attacking you verbally, I'm just pointing out it's not fair to other people to completely disregard their opinions like that.~

I was only speaking for myself. Do you want the members here to add to a discussion topic or not? When you ask people for their views, it is counter-productive and rude to scold them for expressing them. If you truly want everyone has to share on the topic, then let them. Sheesh.

Yeah I thought rhat a bit strange *scratches head*

I didn't speak for "everyone else." I spoke for myself. What I stated was clearly my opinion. Stop trying to correct me. Not only is it tedious to do so, it is presumptuous as well.

. . . I'm just pointing out it's not fair to other people to completely disregard their opinions like that.~
I disregarded no one. However, you are disregarding my opinion. Not that what you say matters, but it does get annoying in thread after thread after thread, when you try to get people to answer only in the ways you want them to. I won't play that.

<yawn> Outta here.

My ideal romantic loving relationship(s) is one where we are almost always touching some how, cuddling, nestled in each others' arms, holding hands, rubbing our faces against each others', rubbing noses, kissing each other every where light, soft, few, many, short, long, etc., nuzzeling each other, rubbing our bodies against each other like cats or dogs, etc. all in public, non-public, where ever we happen to be, to just do what we feel and say how we feel!~

In here, there are some things I'd refer to as heavy petting and inappropriate in a completely public space. My answer reflected how I am comfortable with different levels of intimacy depending on where we are. In the street, casual physical affection is my limit. In a public sex club, I would have sex in front of people. My mood also comes into play because sometimes I need physical space.

I answered your question in good faith. Sex is intimate. You might not understand that but it is associated with both themes of this thread, intimacy and privacy. When you behave in this way, your lack of actual experience in relationships becomes very clear, and the chance of you gaining any experience with attractive, stable, functional adults looks very bleak indeed.

I didn't speak for "everyone else." I spoke for myself. What I stated was clearly my opinion. Stop trying to correct me. Not only is it tedious to do so, it is presumptuous as well.

I disregarded no one. However, you are disregarding my opinion. Not that what you say matters, but it does get annoying in thread after thread after thread, when you try to get people to answer only in the ways you want them to. I won't play that.

<yawn> Outta here.

If you can not see how you literally, not "metaphorically", but literally by the words you used were disregarding the opinions of other people, then I can not help you understand, I can only try to show you.~

That's all I hopefully will say on the matter, for now I move on to getting more centered on the topic at hand.~

As for questions regarding what exactly is the question of the poll, in retrospection I now realize that I was too vague in my wording of the question, the question should read like this:

What "level" of "distance" in regarding physical touch do you like in (a) loving romantic relationship(s) more often than not?~

There should also be another option:

My preferences are not the same often enough to choose 1 of these "levels" so I choose this option and will describe my preferences in more detail in the following thread:

Last edited:
In here, there are some things I'd refer to as heavy petting and inappropriate in a completely public space. My answer reflected how I am comfortable with different levels of intimacy depending on where we are. In the street, casual physical affection is my limit. In a public sex club, I would have sex in front of people. My mood also comes into play because sometimes I need physical space.

I answered your question in good faith. Sex is intimate. You might not understand that but it is associated with both themes of this thread, intimacy and privacy. When you behave in this way, your lack of actual experience in relationships becomes very clear, and the chance of you gaining any experience with attractive, stable, functional adults looks very bleak indeed.

That's your opinion and you're correct I was speaking for others when I can only truly speak for myself, therefore I will change my previous post regarding intimacy.~

I apologize and I will try to let things develop more naturally in this thread as I intended when I created it.~

You said and I quote:

I'm not angry or attacking you verbally, I'm just pointing out it's not fair to other people to completely disregard their opinions like that.~
Honestly, someone who wanted maximum physical affection or intimacy all the time probably isn't "the full shilling". Someone who wanted distance all the time probably has some sort of traumatic past, aren't neurotypical and/or have sensory issues.

intimacy level

I am very sensitive and love to be touched,as well as I like to touch my partner.In case of an approach online I am able to feel most of the time physical pleasure no matter what,I've been in a serious relationship once with a poly couple,we had great sexual experiences ,I think mind and soul work together and I'm very happy the way I have intimacy with both types of encounters . Right now I'm looking for more experiences,I respect my partner and as a priority love to everyone is in the same page,so nobody get hurt . Kissing,cuddling,licking and making feel my partner in heaven is my priority .

I like my personal space. I just can't be doing with being touched or cuddled all the time, but from time to time i'm more than happy to have my personal space invaded...from time to time. Like, once a day, or if i'm in the mood to cuddle.

Back