Quotes...plagarism encouraged!!

"It isn't good to hold on too hard to the past. You can't spend your whole life looking back. Not even when you can't see what lies ahead. All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrow will be what it should be-even if it wasn't what you expected." ~Jim Butcher, Death Masks (I'm really trying with this one)

"Time wounds all heels" ~Someone Like You

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around." ~Love Actually

"Life rewards people who move in the direction of greatest courage."

~Franklin Veaux

"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and, as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live." - George Bernard Shaw

~Raven~

Last edited:
These two have had a centering effect on me at certain times in my life:

"Invest in yourself. Material things come to those who have self-actualized."
-- from a post on Craigslist.
"When I breathe my last breath, I will not die, it is the world that will end."
-- unknown philosopher that influenced Ayn Rand. Makes you think, huh?

A couple from my favourite physicist:

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
-- Richard P. Feynman, likely after the Challenger disaster, which Feynman helped investigate.

"I'll never make that mistake again ... of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that's the end of you."
-- Richard P. Feynman

One of my own:

"Culture doesn't define us, we define our culture."
--Classy Caveman​

And one more just for fun:

"That's it for me! Goodnight everybody!"
-- George Castanza

"If it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts" – Tolstoy

~Raven~

I looked at the face of an idol and asked "what have you done and why should I listen to you?"
They made a small ball with thier hands and answered "I have done this" and then spreading their hands wider they said, "therefore you should listen to me about that."
I looked over their followers and, shaking with laughter, turned my back to seek out true knowledge from those who had done what their idol had only hypothesized.

Last edited:
Love is my religion.

A quote from an elder at the 9th annual Aboriginal Diabetes Conference.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.

That is exactly how I feel about Elric... thanks. :)

There are no ultimatums in relationships; only choices that affect their disposition. Personal criteria to share our lives in various ways are what determine compatibility, not rules. Rules come from a place of fear; criteria come from our fundamental being. One can be broken, the other is unbreakable. The journey is in discovering the difference between what causes us to fear and what causes us to be who we are.

Love will find a way ~ taken from Jurassic Park saying Life will find a way. But I'm sure someone somewhere said Love will find a way.

Joy is the journey not the destination ~ Abraham-Hicks

Follow your bliss ~ Joseph Campbell

Back