Quotes...plagarism encouraged!!

"Forget all the reasons why it won't work, and believe the one reason why it will."

"The definition of an idiot is someone who can open the dictionary and only look up one word" (SF writer Jose Phillip Farmer)

"Some things have to be believed to be seen" (poet Ralph Hodgson)

I don't know who wrote this, but I have a plaque above my desk that reads:

Eat Less * Breathe More
Talk Less * Think More
Ride Less * Walk More
Worry Less * Work More
Waste Less * Give More
Preach Less * Practice More
Love More & All Good Things
Will Be Yours

has had a gutful of people expecting her to act and be a certain way - sorry... i am ME. and as heartbreaking as it is, its okay if you aren't okay with who I am... because I know the truth about who I am and what I feel... one day you will see that too.

~me (my current facebook status)

"Maybe it's time to be clear about who I am.
I am someone who is looking for love.
Real love.
Ridiculous... inconvenient... consuming... can't-live-without-each-other love."

Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) to Aleksandr Petrovsky (Mikhail Baryshnikov) in Sex and the City.

Episode: An American Girl in Paris (Part Deux), 2004.

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."

Obviously algebra is not natural..because I failed at it in school. Finally I have been enlightened and there is a reason it didn't work for me! :rolleyes:

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

~Oscar Wilde

“The world is crammed with delightful things. I think young people make such a mistake about that — not letting themselves be happy. I sometimes think that happiness is the only thing that counts.” — Virginia Woolf, The Voyage Out (via bookmania)

"My love is eternal, my friendship everlasting.~" ~ Me

"Home is where the heart is." ~ Gaius Plinius Secundas - Pliny the Elder

"Transmute the negative into positive; we’ve all gotta be mental alchemists. Suffering is necessary until you realize it isn’t. " -nirvikalpa

Sanity is when others can understand you, but if that is true then everyone is insane because no one can truly understand you but yourself~

"Shame is like a prejudice, it is taught by others and benefits no one." Aron

"My happy life requires neither your acceptance nor your understanding.~" ~ Me

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.” ~ Buddha

"But wrinkles are good. They are lines of human wisdom painted with the brush of time" ~ tom hiddleston in the role of tom hiddleston

"EVERYONE ELSE'S OPINIONS ARE JUST KNOWLEDGE THAT I WILL USE TO EDUCATE MYSELF TO MAKE MY OWN DECISION WITH!~"~Me

"When you make your dreams a reality, reality becomes a dream~" - Max from Sharkboy and Lavagirl

"there is no real, there is no unreal, there is just dreams~" ~ Me

“True love is unconquerable and irresistable: and it goes on gathering power and spreading itself, until eventually it transforms everyone whom it touches.” — Ram Dass

"Normality is simply a statistic. Sanity a majority agreed upon
view point."~ Me

"You don’t have to go to college. Go to the library for free." - nirvikalpa

"Let go of the world you think you know, and embrace the insanity that is existence!~ ;D" - Who knows?~

"You have eyes, but don't see, you listen but you don't hear, you touch, but you don't feel. Until you open up your mind to experience the world around you, you will never truly be living."~ Me

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
-Dr. Seuss

"Don’t let society tell you your talents are meaningless because they don’t serve an economical purpose. Your talents reflect your interests and passions, and what’s important to you is important."~ panda lot

"Race is a social construct derived mainly from perceptions conditioned by events of recorded history, and it has no basic biological reality," said C. Loring Brace

In Italy there is a famous saying, Donna barbuta, sempre piaciuta – everyone loves a woman with a beard.

do you ever wonder what you would look like at your full potential like perfect hair and clear skin and a perfect body like damn

Me ~ What you’re seeing is what is perfect to me, perfect is like beauty everything is perfect to someone.~

Me ~ What is existence, what is reality? Who am I, who is anyone to tell you what reality is and what it means to exist? Am I you, are they you? No, probably not. You can answer the question: what is reality and what does it mean to exist? Because you can choose is this your life and are you living it?~

Here, have a handful of my favorites:

To do good work one must eat well, be well housed, have one's fling from time to time, smoke one's pipe, and drink one's coffee in peace. - Vincent van Gogh

Home is the place that'll catch you when you fall. And we all fall. - Billie Letts

“We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”- Elizabeth Goudge

If you are not already dead, forgive. Rancor is heavy, it is worldly; leave it on earth: die light. - Jean Paul Sartre

Walk slow, drink lots of water, sleep as much as you can, and try to do your own time - Steve Earle

'Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own canoe' - I don't know where it was from, just that an friend from ages ago used to use it. It seemed very apposite!

"Cheese is the gift of the rich earth, the green grasses, the sun and rain, the blessed kine, the ripening caves, and the cheesemaker's art. Tjiweth shines on us all with such goodness."
-- Vovoni, the Demon Chasers, by G.M. Deveril

Back