hello :)

hi i am new......as is everyone in this section.(lol)

anyway my name is tanya, i am currently in a v relationship. It is new but not new and really confusing. I am 29, 30 in january and happy with alot of things in my life. i have five cats (manic,serenity,ella,piglet, and ginger) and one dog aiden. i was a student but am taking time to heal myself and put the fragments in place including the ones that have never had a place. I am open minded and intellectual. i was studying to be a psychologist, and have kept current on my reading. i am a bit of agoraphobic and a panicer. i have two wonderful men in my life. one that is going to school and the other that is a couseller. life is full with endless intellectual pursuits, nerdgasms, and possible trolling

i joined this group because i need some people to talk to about my current polyamoury situation that appeared out of nowhere. something that my fiance (the one in school) and i decided to pursue about 2 years back. our relationship is interesting in that with my fiance i have a open relationship but with my soulmate(counsellor) i have a closed realtionship. both know about eachother.

more to come

tanya

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here, though I'm sure you will. :)

Quick question...

.....um, your fiance is the open relationship but your soulmate isn't? Just wondering how your fiance feels about the fact that you call the other one your soulmate when he hasn't been around as long. Curious, does it bother him, even though he wanted to do the poly thing?:confused:

@1uncagedbird...it's funny you should say that. I've always viewed soulmates differently than most people and I believe many people have a misconception of what the term soulmate really entails. I solidified what I believed soulmates to be in early 2000 when I was studying meditation with the school of Brahma Kumaris via one of the books we used as guides. I realized my mind did have a 'method' to it. :p Personally, I believe there is no such thing as 'one' soulmate (because it's about soul connections) and I also believe that there is no such 'set' timeframe to realize someone is a soulmate. In all actuality, when someone truly is...the realization is much quicker because you 'feel' it moreso than see it or discover it logically. Another concept to consider is...soulmates are not all intimate love interest. For instance, I have a blood cousin who is my soulmate. She is the complement to my life's energy but I don't plan on bedding her or marrying her.:D That's just my perception as a person with some intuitive, holistic energy running through me. I actually just read an article regarding this very subject which I have included a portion and the link below. Hope it helps...

"...you don’t have one great love — you have many potential great loves. According to New York Minister and Psycho-Spiritual Counselor, Susan Lemak, soul mates are profound soul connections in your life. When you’re with one, you stop looking, so you’re not aware of the other potential soul mates around you. While you’re thinking how hard it is to find The One, the reality is that it’s hard for you to choose. A soul mate is someone who reflects or matches your energy and your path in life. A soul mate is someone whose power and potential are complementary to your own."

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=6240&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=709241

.....Personally, I believe there is no such thing as 'one' soulmate (because it's about soul connections) and I also believe that there is no such 'set' timeframe to realize someone is a soulmate. In all actuality, when someone truly is...the realization is much quicker because you 'feel' it moreso than see it or discover it logically. Another concept to consider is...soulmates are not all intimate love interest. For instance, I have a blood cousin who is my soulmate. She is the complement to my life's energy but I don't plan on bedding her or marrying her.:D That's just my perception as a person with some intuitive, holistic energy running through me. I actually just read an article regarding this very subject which I have included a portion and the link below. Hope it helps...

"...you don’t have one great love — you have many potential great loves. According to New York Minister and Psycho-Spiritual Counselor, Susan Lemak, soul mates are profound soul connections in your life. When you’re with one, you stop looking, so you’re not aware of the other potential soul mates around you. While you’re thinking how hard it is to find The One, the reality is that it’s hard for you to choose. A soul mate is someone who reflects or matches your energy and your path in life. A soul mate is someone whose power and potential are complementary to your own."

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=6240&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=709241

eklctc, so cool with the meditation thing! I am buddhist, though newly so and am just really getting into meditation and yoga as a spiritual practice. I do believe in energies. The concept of a soulmate as a soul connection is very intriguing. It makes sense. I really like the idea! You have taught me something today, so thank you.:p

@1uncagedbird- :)...Glad I can share some knowledge and encourage someone to ponder the possibilities. That's why I love this site. There are so many opportunties to share and learn.

Back