Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-10-2017, 01:41 PM

I don't know, Shaya... Kevin's blog is nice, because it is sometimes blissfully simple (in a very good way) in contrast to the mind-bending processing walls of text that some of us post. I mean, I know that Kevin, you go through stuff just like any of us. But I for one sometimes miss the times in my life when things seemed less complicated, when the news of the day might be a few lines and a weather report. You remind us, I guess, that poly doesn't have to be a constant whirlwind of change and struggle. I like that.

And I know very well the general geography of your area, so when I read your blog I also remember beautiful Washington. Sunshine on all that green after a rain, and everything sparkling. It is truly a lovely place.

Analyst, Fire & Hefe My poly quad from August 2015 to July 2016. As Fire says, "Chosen Family."

Blood:
Ninja- 20, Son
Q- 17, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 07-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Official Greeter

Thanks Spork. My struggle is chronic anxiety, combined with fatigue. I live with these things every day, throughout the day. Some days, and parts of days, are worse than others. But I can't see reporting on that all the time in this blog. So, I try to think of something eventful, but my life isn't very eventful. I think I'm guilty of using the weather as filler material. But then, when your life isn't very eventful, the weather is one of the things you think about.

Speaking of which, we haven't had much rain this year. Especially in the last few months, it's been dry even when there's cloud cover. But the temperatures are great for summer ... today's high is supposed to be 74, and it's only 61 right now. This means I can keep my window open and get some fresh air.

I consider myself highly fortunate to lead such a boring life. A bunch of excitement would wear me out. I am extremely lucky to have the two companions I have, and I feel no interest in pursuing an additional partner. I wish it could stay this way forever, but I figure as I get older I'll have health problems, and that will suck immensely. I'm also selfish enough to hope my companions will outlive me, but I fear I won't get that lucky. I'm also very concerned that the current administration, Trump and a very Republican congress, will take away my disability payments. That would seriously complicate my life ... and I don't want my life to be complicated.

So, Shaya, if you want, you can nickname me "The Weather Man."
Old 07-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Official Greeter

Today is Brother-Husband's last day of his usual "weekend" (Sunday thru Tuesday). He made coffee for us today, always a treat. And for dinner later today the three of us will have "Taco Tuesday."

After dinner yesterday the three of us watched an episode of "Orange Is the New Black." It's a fun show to watch, even though (I think) it's unrealistic. This new season seems to be all about a prison "riot" where the prisoners basically take over the prison. Heh, yeah right, I don't think that would happen in real life. But, it continues to be an interesting show.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:48 AM
Official Greeter

Today was a little warmer, but I still kept the windows open. It's starting to cool off now.

I've been trying to eat less ... mixed results. I have a fiber-filled drink mix that's supposed to reduce my appetite. Sometimes it seems to work a little, but I can't tell for sure.

Snowbunny is making dinner, salad using leftovers from yesterday's tacos. And that's all I have for today from our blissful, boring house.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:34 AM

Sounds lovely! I have a mad crush on taco salad right now! There is a restaurant in my town that makes a vegetarian taco salad using "meat" made from spiced walnuts. I can't get enough of it!

Enjoy your bliss!
Monkeys: 6 & 9 yo boys
Old 07-13-2017, 06:26 AM

I love your "boring" life. It makes me feel peaceful
Old 07-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Official Greeter

Thanks, you guys

Today is my lucky weather day, the high'll be 74. After that, a week of upper 70's/low 80's. Tomorrow will be 82. It's 65 right now.

I haven't eaten anything so far today, just drank my fiber drink and two big glasses of water. Guess we'll see how long I can hold out.

That's all for now.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:13 PM
Official Greeter

Still trying to eat as little as possible. Hate it. Hate it hate it hate it.

Even though today is a little warmer, tomorrow and Sunday will be 75 and 74, respectively. It's 77 right now but will get up to 82. Not bad for summer really, there's nothing above 82 in the next week or so.

I think that the activity level on this forum has been a little lower than usual today. Perhaps?

This concludes my riport for today.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:16 AM

Try some tasty lettuce. At least it's got some crunch to it. Has the potential to fill you up too coz of its high fibre content.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:25 AM
Official Greeter

I suppose.

What I'm in the mood for is sushi, yes, suuuuushi.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics