Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:58 p.m., Saturday the 30th

And as awful as it is to lose a pet, it would definitely be worse if the pet lost me. I would never want to never again be there for Rainee. Still, I was hoping for more years with her. She is ten years old today.

Since yesterday morning, Rainee has not thrown up anymore, so that is a hopeful sign. The vet said maybe she swallowed a plastic object which then got stuck in her digestive tract. Technically possible I guess, but if you know Rainee like I do, she is an extremely careful cat.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:56 p.m., Sunday the 31st

Rainee seemed to be doing better yesterday, which was a relief at the time, but now something new is amiss with her. She's not eating so far today, which, for Rainee to not eat is just unheard-of. For awhile she was hiding in the back room. She's come back to my room now, and is sitting close to me, but there are still signs that something is wrong. Her breathing seems to be labored, and she is shaking. I don't know what to do, I hope it's something temporary, but Snowbunny says she has a bad feeling about this.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:50 AM

Hoping for the best for Rainee. So sorry if her condition worsens. Fingers crossed for you here
Old 06-01-2020, 06:21 AM

I hope she will be okay! Couldn’t they do a scan and see if they could find a blockage? When my daughter’s cat was having issues, we were able to see that he swallowed a hair tie.

Me (42F)
Wife to DarkKnight (44M)
Girlfriend to MisterMoonbeam (45M)
Old 06-01-2020, 11:26 AM

Iím sorry Kevin. Itís so hard when pets are ill.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:18 PM

I'm really sorry, Kevin.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:44 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:44 p.m., Monday the 1st

Thank you for the sympathies everyone. Right now we're thinking that the hyperthyroidism medicine is having bad side effects on Rainee. She needs the hyperthyroidism medicine, so we are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Right now Snowbunny is attempting to reduce the dosage by half. Even so, Rainee threw up today at around noon. And then a little bit later, she had a coughing fit. That aside, she seems to be doing somewhat better. She's not shaking like she was yesterday. Her breathing still seems to be a little heavy though. She did eat a couple of treats about an hour ago, so at least she has her appetite.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:06 p.m., Tuesday the 2nd

She's not vomiting as often as she was in my May 29 entry, but she's still vomiting like, multiple times per day. This is doubly concerning because it means she's not getting the nourishment she needs, if she can't keep anything down. The automatic feeders went off as usual last night, and I think she was able to keep that down. But she needs to be able to keep her medicine down too. Her breathing still seems to be somewhat heavy, but at least she's not shaking. For now I guess we are just trying to ride this out with her, hoping things get better. She's sitting super close to me right now, that seems to be a comfort to her.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:26 PM

She could get dehydrated very quickly if sheís vomiting a lot! I hope youíre able to figure out why this is happening.

Me (42F)
Wife to DarkKnight (44M)
Girlfriend to MisterMoonbeam (45M)
Old 06-02-2020, 10:13 PM
Official Greeter

She's actually always been a puker, it's just that she's puking more than usual right now. Hopefully she'll drink more than usual to help make up for it. Her water dish is within easy reach.

I forgot to mention, she's also had a few coughing fits over the last oh, 24 hours. Not sure how that figures into the rest of it but ...

And as if we weren't struggling enough with all of the above, we just found out today that Brother-Husband is going to lose his job in two weeks. Lowe's is going to outsource their delivery people. So things are going to be lean around here for awhile.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics