Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 07:34 PM
Official Greeter

Default 11:34 a.m., Monday the 17th

I am waiting for Snowbunny to decide when to drink the Bailey's, drinking for me is supposed to be a group activity (except on my birthday and Christmas). We did try another kind of cream liqueur, I forgot what it was called, something from Africa. And last night, with dinner, SB mixed us some Squirt (I think) and vodka. Brother-Husband did not have any "drink-drink."

My anxiety was actually a little less yesterday, today it has gone up again. There is a lot going on today, such as the cleaning ladies coming over (they got here at about 10:00 a.m., and they just got done and left), SB is off for Presidents' Day, Eddie has a class later today, just to name a few things. Most people could handle the extra activity, but for me it always means extra stress.

Sadly, we did not eat out yesterday, however SB did order takeout for us at the Red Lantern. Really good food, lots of choices on their menu and they're all excellent. We ate at about 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and BH was very tired, so we didn't watch anything. Today SB and I will eat out while we are on the road. Eddie did not get his Q's yesterday, but maybe next time.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:31 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:31 p.m., Wednesday the 19th

So on Monday, SB and I took Eddie to go to his first CGC class at Argus. Things were going pretty well until it was time for the class to start. Then the instructor informed SB that because some other class had had a snow day a few weeks ago, everything had been pushed forward a week and there was no CGC class that day. SB questioned why no one had notified her of this change. The instructor said, "No one was signed up for this class at the time." Which was totally untrue and SB had proof. So SB left, then before starting up the car, she sent the instructor the email that confirmed she was signed up for the class, and that the first class would be today (the 17th). At first the instructor didn't respond at all. Needless to say, SB was pissed.

So I think on Tuesday (yesterday), the instructor called SB, apologized profusely, and said Eddie would get his CGC test (at the end of the class series) at no charge. Now that was more like it!
Old 02-20-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
We did try another kind of cream liqueur, I forgot what it was called, something from Africa.
Amarula?
Old 02-20-2020, 10:36 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:36 p.m., Thursday the 20th

Maybe ... [shrug]

Having looked it up on Wikipedia, I'm thinking maybe not? In the picture it looks darker than what we had. What we had more closely resembled Baileys. Including taste-wise. The article says, "the taste of slightly fruity caramel." What we had was more just a cream flavor ...

Okay that was driving me nuts. So I fished out the bottle from our glass discard bin.

It's Serengeti Marula African Classic Cream. (I couldn't find it on Wikipedia.)

Ohhh yeah. It says "Marula Fruit" on the back of the bottle. Marula; Amarula. It also says, "grape wine with natural flavors, colored with caramel." Which is strange because it doesn't taste at all like wine. [shrug] 17% alcohol. Imported by IM Premium Imports LLC, Rockwall, Texas. Product of South Africa.

Who knew?
Old 02-21-2020, 06:51 PM

That looks really yummy, Kevin! My DS, Ruby, and his bf love novelty wines. Is it worth buying for their next visit?
Old 02-21-2020, 10:05 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:05 p.m., Friday the 21st

I would say it is definitely worth buying for their next visit ... it is every bit as good as Baileys although subtly different. Just keep in mind, they call it wine but it does not taste (nor look) like wine. It is super sweet, definitely a dessert drink. Just so you know what to expect, but in my opinion it is very much worth buying. It knocked Snowbunny's socks off too.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:14 PM

That sounds really interesting!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 64)
Pixi (poly, F, 42) my partner since January 2009, cohabiting
"Maestro" (mono, M, 38), Pixi's bf since April 2013, co-primary
Old 02-21-2020, 11:19 PM
Official Greeter

We just happened to see it at Safeway, and thought we'd try it. Hopefully we'll be getting it again sometime!
Old 02-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Official Greeter

Default 8:58 a.m., Saturday the 22nd

I'm pretty tired this morning, might just lie down for awhile in a minute or two here. Sometime this weekend SB says we'll go shopping. Eddie has an appointment this afternoon for (I think) a rabies shot.

Yesterday we got our mail-in ballots for the presidential primary. I voted for Elizabeth Warren. Whom will you vote for?
Old 02-23-2020, 08:05 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:05 p.m., Sunday the 23rd

SB and I went shopping yesterday. We really tried to save money, but the total was still (just barely) more than $300. SB mentioned the idea of shopping at the Dollar Tree or WinCo, and I said I'd be okay with that as long as we could go shopping *somewhere.* This pleased Snowbunny. I'll still want to shop at Walmart on some weeks, but not every week. Hopefully that will help.

Eddie actually got three shots. Perhaps for that reason, he was kind of tired last night.

Last night the three of us watched "Parasite," so I guess we got to find out what all the hoo-ha was about. I guess President Trump didn't like it for some reason? perhaps because it has subtitles? I don't follow the news much at all so I am presenting highly sketchy information here. If anyone reading this can correct me, please do. Anyway I thought it was a pretty good movie. I guess it won the academy award for Best Picture?

I don't think the three of us are going to do anything special today, nothing to get out of the house. I think BH is watching sports shows on TV.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics