Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:33 p.m., Friday the 14th

For dinner last night SB made me a salad and a TV dinner. For dinner tonight she is doing pulled pork sandwiches and fresh corn. Last night BH got home late and we didn't watch anything. I don't know whether he'll get home late tonight, or whether we'll watch anything. All's I know is I'm hungry.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:25 AM
Official Greeter

Default 4:25 p.m., Saturday the 15th

He got home late, and we didn't watch anything. I don't know about today but he's still not home as of this writing. SB is cooking a turkey, so I assume we're having turkey for dinner tonight. Plus maybe stuffing and/or mac and cheese. SB works hard for us (and BH does too). I think she's out raking right now, it was very windy yesterday and there were a lot of leaves on the ground.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:55 p.m., Sunday the 16th

I'm extra stressed-out today, and could use a nice tall glass of Dekuyper 100° Hot Damn. I don't fast on the weekends, but I do abstain from alcohol unless others are drinking with me.

BH and SB were just now doing something outside, not sure what. Possibly looking at the roof. Before that, they were doing a Pokémon raid.

I've been told that we will go out for dinner tonight. Not sure whether we'll do an episode, we did do an episode last night, S1E4.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:11 p.m., Monday the 17th

Today I am fantasizing about a nice tall glass of Kraken Black Spiced Rum. You know, mixing it up. Maybe tomorrow I'll fantasize about Jägermeister. After the Kraken I'll have a package of holiday edition Oreos. Which it appears they are not carrying anymore, and that really sucks.

Yesterday we went out for dinner rather early, at about 2:30 p.m. (and got back at about 4:30 p.m.). We ate at a local Mexican place, Puerto Vallarta. BH and SB were able to do a Pokémon raid from inside the restaurant.

A few hours afterwards, BH and I watched two GoT episodes (S1E5 and S1E6). BH is off today, he had some places to be a few hours ago but got back about an hour ago. I believe he is working tomorrow. SB is working her usual schedule, Monday thru Friday (IT at the credit union).
Old 12-20-2018, 12:54 AM
Official Greeter

Default 4:54 p.m., Wednesday the 19th

Okay so as it turns out, SB was not working her usual schedule, she had yesterday off. It was one of those situations where, if she didn't take a day off, she'd lose the opportunity to take a day off at all. So, I guess it was a good thing she took yesterday off, because she had some kind of a sinus head cold. Which, in spite of that, we still went out for lunch and had sushi,

She had to go back to work today, I hope she's feeling better. She thinks she probably caught it from the guy she's training.

On Monday, BH and I watched S1E7. We did not watch anything yesterday. Both days, dinner was curry with rice, turkey, and veggies. BH got home early today, maybe 15 minutes ago. SB is not home yet; usually she's the one who would have been home first.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:10 AM
Official Greeter

Default 4:10 p.m., Thursday the 20th

Today I would like a bottle of Irish cream. Bailey's or a knock-off brand. So tasty. And filling. And ya get a nice buzz.

SB just got home, maybe 15 minutes ago. I think she's at least 90% recovered from being sick. She's talking to someone on the phone. Possibly her longtime friend, the one that knows about our poly.

Yesterday we had leftover turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes for dinner. Not sure what we'll have today. No episodes yesterday.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:27 p.m., Friday the 21st

To give you an idea of what a mess I can be ... I have a routine with the cats where I come out and tell them it's just about time, right before their feeders go off. I especially do this when it's just me and them alone together in the house, like today. But I dropped the ball, I stopped watching the time, and their feeders went off without me giving them that heads up. I tell myself I didn't custom order my brain, I got what I got and if I'm prone to make mistakes there's not a lot I can do about it. I even remind myself that I don't believe in such a thing as free will, everything is a result of environment and genetics, including whatever efforts I make to do things right. But even with all that I still feel guilty and angry at myself for dropping the ball. I let the cats down, shame on me. I know it sounds ridiculous. But that's how I am.

I assume it's an artifact leftover from my childhood. My mom was very critical back then, and I learned to sorely criticize myself whenever she wasn't around. I have tried to unlearn that, but obviously I am still a failure in that regard (and in many other regards, right?). This bitter disappointment in myself today will probably last several hours at least, though I will get past it. That is until the next time I make a mistake. (No matter how small a mistake.) I desperately want hard liquor right now, and we have hard liquor, sitting out in the open on the cupboard. So tempting. It would be so nice. But Snowbunny would have my head on a platter, not to mention I'd be breaking my word. Is she testing me or trusting me? Maybe both. So at this moment at least, I am just sucking it up and suffering. This concludes my riport.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:34 AM
Official Greeter

Default 4:34 p.m., Saturday the 22nd

As predicted, yesterday is all in the past now, I now feel no worse than usual which is a relief.

Going back two entries (to Post #1166), SB was actually talking to her SIL, the wife of BH's brother. Not that that's terribly important but, just for accuracy's sake.

FNG (Friendly Neighbor Guy) was going to come over later this evening, and we were all going to have expensive pizza for dinner and lots of alcoholic drinks. Oh, and last night, BH and I watched GoT S1E8. That's all I have to tell you.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:38 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:38 p.m., Sunday the 23rd

So, FNG did not end up coming over, I'm not sure why. Possibly has something to do with his tendency to decide things at the last minute. Anyway for dinner we had takeout from Young's, I had the General Tso's chicken. A little over half an hour after dinner, we all three watched the movie "Venom" (on TV). BH had already seen it at the theater, but wanted to see it again.

Today we had salad for lunch, and we are going to go out someplace for dinner. SB said I could pick the place, but I can't decide! BH and SB have been doing Pokémon stuff. Raids and such.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Official Greeter

Default 11:21 a.m., Monday the 24th

Today I'm dreaming of a tall glass of cinnamon whiskey. Which we have one. Sitting on the countertop, in the kitchen. So smooth, and strong! Dammit.

Yesterday, Snowbunny found a new Indian place, I think in Lacey, so that's where we went for dinner. India Garden, I think it's called. Good stuff.

We made a number of Pokéstops on the way home, and bought a few groceries. We did not watch any movies or episodes last night. This concludes my riport.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics