Is thin the only sexy?

curves, curves , curves. I love women with curves. My ladies are very different body types, both have a little extra, and the only thing i would change about either one of them is there self image. they are both concerned about how others see them and my telling them there are sexy has fallen on deaf ears in the past.

Now that we are all together its more difficult for them to ignore when I say they are sexy because i have back up. in another post a comment was made that " when one person tells you your a ass you can ignore it, when two people tell you, its harder to ignore" this works in a positive way as well.

slowly my ladies are coming to the realization that they are fine looking women and are extremely desirable. I'm worried I may have to start carrying a stick around to scare off all the suitors.

Swagger

Well, I don't know how younger people use it, and don't really care, as the word never fell into disuse for me. I meant the way he struts, but I did use it as a noun, which means a swaggering manner. As a verb, it means the way someone walks. I am a writer (and former spelling bee champion! Woo-hoo) who helps tutor college kids in English, so I am aware of the words I use.

I got a buddy whose got swagger. He even swaggers when he staggers. He's shown me the real meaning of the word, the one Funk and Wagnall know nothing about. Swagger is a state of feeling. To swagger, is a state of being. Kind of like what Townes Van Zandt said about feeling lonely and being alone.

I got a buddy whose got swagger. He even swaggers when he staggers. He's shown me the real meaning of the word, the one Funk and Wagnall know nothing about. Swagger is a state of feeling. To swagger, is a state of being. Kind of like what Townes Van Zandt said about feeling lonely and being alone.
This would be an incorrect use of the word. ;) A person's swagger, is the way they walk. Not the way the present themselves, or a state of feeling, as you put it. That would be the NEW meaning of the old word. ;)

This would be an incorrect use of the word. ;) A person's swagger, is the way they walk. Not the way the present themselves, or a state of feeling, as you put it. That would be the NEW meaning of the old word. ;)
Sorry, but you are mistaken. In my hardcopy Third Edition of the American Heritage Dictionary, last reprinted 15 years ago in 1996, the definitions of swagger are below:

swag·ger (swăg' ər) v. -gered, -ger·ring, -gers. —intr. 1. To walk or conduct oneself with an insolent or arrogant air; strut. See Synonyms at strut. 2. To brag or boast. —tr. To browbeat or bully (someone). —swagger n. 1. A swaggering movement or gait. 2. Boastful or conceited expression; braggadocio. [Probably frequentative of SWAG] —swag'gerer n. —swag-geringly adv.

It is not just about a way of walking, and has long had multiple meanings, that are still used today.

Sorry, but you are mistaken. In my hardcopy Third Edition of the American Heritage Dictionary, last reprinted 15 years ago in 1996, the definitions of swagger are below:

swag·ger (swăg' ər) v. -gered, -ger·ring, -gers. —intr. 1. To walk or conduct oneself with an insolent or arrogant air; strut. See Synonyms at strut. 2. To brag or boast. —tr. To browbeat or bully (someone). —swagger n. 1. A swaggering movement or gait. 2. Boastful or conceited expression; braggadocio. [Probably frequentative of SWAG] —swag'gerer n. —swag-geringly adv.

It is not just about a way of walking, and has long had multiple meanings, that are still used today.
Last reprinted 15 years ago. New meaning of an old word.

Just because it was printed 15 yrs ago doesnt mean swagger as defined as braggadocio is a new meaning! lol

Now, frenemy is a new word. Also fairly new are the new meanings of twitter and tweet, gate rape, asshat, douchenozzle, da bomb, dope, bling, woot, good china, gangsta, youtube, beyotch, fuckbuddy, sike (psych), shizz or shizznit, bro, brosef, gay (meaning not cool), fundie, mofo, and dozens more.

Just because it was printed 15 yrs ago doesnt mean swagger as defined as braggadocio is a new meaning! lol

Yes, I didn't quite follow that logic either. Just because something appeared in a dictionary 15 years ago doesn't mean it never existed before that. It just means that it is AT LEAST 15 years old, which in turn means that it was not invented by people who are in a certain age group today, and that it pre-dates things like Wikipedia and Twitter.

of interest to this poly community may be a quote from my old cross country coach and geometry (polygon) teacher:

"You have to be good enough to be a little arrogant, and arrogant enough to know that you are good."

In a word, swagger.

Welcome to the English language folks. Lots of words have multiple meanings and have for hundreds of years, get over it already.

Exactly! I was first aware of the words swagger and braggadocio as synonyms in the 70s, for goodness sakes.

Now, frenemy is a new word. Also fairly new are the new meanings of twitter and tweet, gate rape, asshat, douchenozzle, da bomb, dope, bling, woot, good china, gangsta, youtube, beyotch, fuckbuddy, sike (psych), shizz or shizznit, bro, brosef, gay (meaning not cool), fundie, mofo, and dozens more.
Yes, I just learned the currently popular new meaning given to the word, "taint." I believe Jon Stewart is responsible for that one.

Last edited:

I'm only 40....And to hear the word used to describe a person as anything other than the way they walk, is odd to me. Never heard of it this way until about two years ago. :confused:
As for the other words,

Frenemy is a new word...Not an old word with a new meaning.

Twitter: Definatly an old word with a new meaning.

Tweet: Again, same as twitter.

"Gate rape": I've never heard of this phrase or grouping of words yet until now.

Asshat: I've used this word since the 80's. Didn't know it was anything other than slang.

douchenozzel: Again, it is an apparatus, but it is generally used as slang.

"da bomb": slang

dope: Used in many many different ways since it's inception. Most recently heard by me; "That car is SO DOPE!" New meaning for an old word.

I could go on an on as you have, but I'm too bored and tired. LOL

I get the picture, but the reality is that swagger has been being used in an odd context more recently. It's the way our english language evolves. I don't think I ever said it was a "bad thing", but it is definatly odd...at least to an older generation anyway. I'm just not up on all the "hip new lingo" now. I guess I'm getting "old".:rolleyes:

Hey you whipper snappers! Get away form my porch! LOL

"Gate rape": I've never heard of this phrase or grouping of words yet until now.

Gate rape is what you experience getting x-rayed or patted down at airport security.

Play on the phrase date rape which is also a newish term. I was date raped back in 1975 and I didn't realize it til decades later.

My metabolism is a wreck. I could be 150 which isn't bad because I am tall, but two years later I could be 200. Then two years later back to 150. I jump around like that constantly.

I learned along time ago, its not looks that matter in anyone really. Last time I got seriously hit on, the guy said I was sexy because I was reading a book about quantum string theories. Which clearly wasn't about my weight at all. LOL

I learned along time ago, its not looks that matter in anyone really. Last time I got seriously hit on, the guy said I was sexy because I was reading a book about quantum string theories. Which clearly wasn't about my weight at all. LOL

I think nerdy techno shit is attractive too. I'd be more inclined to hit on someone who was reading about chemistry or robotics than someone reading about music or art (or a Heinlein novel).

I think nerdy techno shit is attractive too. I'd be more inclined to hit on someone who was reading about chemistry or robotics than someone reading about music or art (or a Heinlein novel).

haha Awesome! Not enough chics are hot like us!

I do swing both ways though... as in art and science! LOL

Smart people are sexy. Despite their shape or size. I have always thought that.

Back