Greeting from Pittsburgh, PA

Trillian

Sorry this is so long and rambling.

I am a married 21 year old mother of 2 in a currently mono, looking to move to poly relationship. My husband and I have been together for 4 years and our children are 5 and under 2.

I now realize I have always been polyamorous. My first love was a woman and we both had male lovers. There were no restrictions besides prior approval. There were "special" partners we didn't share sexually, and others we did. We broke things off when she had to move to take care of family but I deeply care for her. I've been in many different style poly relationships before my husband, and he is truly my first mono. Thinking it was a phase I'd grow out of I met my husband and have lived mono the past 4 years. It's begun to feel constraining and I know I'm not being true to myself. I love my husband, our children, our life but I know I can't continue this way. I have started the hard process of telling my husband how I feel.

That indeed is a hard process. I sympathize with you both.

It sounds like you already have a good bit of experience in polyamory, and enough experience with monogamy to know that polyamory is the right thing for you. Now for the difficult part of working through this change with your husband.

If there's anything we can do to help, let us know. And, welcome to our forum.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back