Hi ^_^

MiriMiriAru

Hi ^_^

I'm Miri. I'm a homoromantic asexual (I usually just say "lesbian" for the sake of brevity, though it's not exactly accurate, but I'm a woman who falls in love with other women, so meh) trans woman with a taste for the morbid and disturbing (I'm sort of a pseudo goth, if that's a thing... (if it's not, it is now)).

I'm also a chronic overuser of parenthetical sentences.

Part of my promise to myself when I started transitioning was that I would be true to myself no matter how uncomfortable this might be, and one of the things I've found is that being poly is highly likely. I've often found it difficult to be romantically involved with one person without eventually developing feelings for other people (which in no way lessened my original feelings), but I've felt such guilt over it, and have had it driven into me (and driven it in myself) that this is wrong, and haven't really allowed myself to examine this until recently.

At this stage, the idea that I might be poly is still uncomfortable to me (although, at this point it's probably the last box I have to tick to get my "Super Queers Club" membership card :D), although I'm increasingly feeling that it's right for me (though, it may get harder when I actually try to put it into practice... which could be quite soon, if things go the way they seem to be).

Anyway, I'll probably just lurk a bit and hopefully find some information that will make things clearer for me, and, with luck, more comfortable.

:)

(Welcome!) ;)

Have you been able to identify what is making you feel uncomfortable about being poly? Based on what you wrote, you certainly sound like you have the poly mindset.

Is it to do with what your friends, colleagues or society would think (external factors) or is it more that you struggle with coming to terms of some aspect inside of you?

I hope this forum can help you find answers. Sometimes just knowing that you are not alone in your thinking can help. :)

Hi Miri,
Welcome to our forum.

You may have some social conditioning/upbringing to overcome when it comes to "allowing yourself" to be polyamorous. Being in touch with the poly community should be of huge help to you in that area. Poly relationships are real and they really can and do work. Just take your time, read, study, and post whenever you have any questions.

It's great to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back