Is it Possible?

Wayner1483

So I'm married to the most beautiful woman in the world (Pretty sure every husband says this). She is poly and I'm still deciding if I want to give the poly relationship a shot. I told her down the road if I decide I don't want to be poly and she does then I'll still be here. No matter what I'm her husband and will love her to the dnd of days. I told her she can keep being poly if she wants. My question is is it possible for a marriage to thrive even if one person is not poly? I understand poly concepts and what not and am still going to give it a try.

I have been married to Butch 17 years. Been actively poly the last 10 years. I have been with Murf for 6 of those. Both my guys are monogamous.

I have no relationship drama.

I assume it's possible, because so far it's working out for my polycule. (I am the hinge in a V, between two monogamous co-primary partners; one male, one female.)

I say "assume" because my relationships are both long distance. However, I've been with Jester (M) for three and a half years now, and with Boho (F) for two and a half. There were some "teething problems" for the first year or so of being poly, however things are mostly resolved now.

Hello Wayner1483,

Mono/poly couples do exist, and are successful. It just takes a lot of communication, and TLC. Do not be too quick to give up on the possibility.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back