information to start a commune

Diana1987

Im Diana i came out as lesbian at 16 and meet my girlfriend Claire in my 20's.
5 years a go we meet another lesbian couple Jennifer and Peggy we started our freindship with them, after a while we fell in love witch eatch other started sharing everyting then Claire and i moved in with Jennifer and Peggy.
Now days we have a very good relationship all.
On this moment we are start thinking to build up an all polyamory lesbian commune we have place for 6 other lesbian women.
We are looking for experiance from others who have build up an commune.

Hello Diana1987,

It sounds like you have a really good quad (with Claire, Jennifer, and Peggy), I hope you are able to build the commune you are dreaming of. I am in a hetero V so, not quite the same thing, but, we have talked about communal living in the past.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

You may find the various resources on the Fellowship for Intentional Community website useful. https://www.ic.org/

You may find the various resources on the Fellowship for Intentional Community website useful. https://www.ic.org/

<3 <3 <3

OMG I did not know that site existed!! Squeeee!!

I'm not actually interested in living in a specifically poly community, but I find that most of the circles I'm comfortable in tend to be less mononormative.

I've been craving more community in my life. I'm leaning towards the ecovillage variety, preferably vegan or at least vegetarian. So much easier to cultivate good eating habits when you surround yourself with people living your goals. Not raw vegan though, that's just too far. Beans are an important source of protein. I digress.

There's a Heinlein book that dives into their a massive group marriage household. Everyone is parents to all the kids who are born.

I never want to parent a child, but I think it would be fun to make a baby and nurse them until they're on solid food. Just because I can. I'm putting it out there in the universe that I'm open to some wealthy gay couple who needs a womb and breasts to borrow for a couple years while they put me up in their tropical private island vacation home. I like to make my fantasies very specific. :p Sorry, that has nothing to do with polyamorous lesbian communes, but I felt like sharing.

<3 <3 <3

OMG I did not know that site existed!! Squeeee!!
I never want to parent a child, but I think it would be fun to make a baby and nurse them until they're on solid food. Just because I can. I'm putting it out there in the universe that I'm open to some wealthy gay couple who needs a womb and breasts to borrow for a couple years while they put me up in their tropical private island vacation home. I like to make my fantasies very specific. :p Sorry, that has nothing to do with polyamorous lesbian communes, but I felt like sharing.

The IC is pretty cool. One of my dear friends spent years living in various communities listed with them.

There is an ecovillage in my general region. It is beautiful - everyone builds their own ecohouse. Some did straw bale, some did reclaimed lumber, etc. However it was incredibly expensive and they did not allow pets. Because pets were not eco. They were dead to me at that point. I can't live around people who don't like pets.

I'm personally into the idea of cohousing. I've been to communities where there is income sharing (more like the stereotype of a commune). I did not care for them although I appreciated that they exist in the world.

Having watched my friends breastfeed their children these past few years (most are now in some stage of weaning), I've learned how incredibly physically and emotionally demanding breastfeeding is. It's amazing and better for most babies, when possible. But it is incredibly taxing on time and the mother's body. This might be one of those fantasy only situations SchrodingersCat!

I've learned how incredibly physically and emotionally demanding breastfeeding is. It's amazing and better for most babies, when possible. But it is incredibly taxing on time and the mother's body.

In my experience with two kids, breastfeeding totally takes over your life - in a good way because I was all about the babies when I had them, but it is not at all like bottle feeding. Breast milk is designed by Mother Nature to be nourishing and thin. It doesn't fill a baby for six hours like formula, it requires much more frequent feedings - and holdings and cuddlings. It's normal for a breast fed baby to not sleep through the night and that can be surprising for parents that expect it and count on it. Mother Nature designs this so that baby is often physically close to the parent. Also a host of nutritional reasons beyond the usual wonderful stuff baby gets from breast milk. Breastfeeding also releases hormones in the mother that relax her and make her sleepy - another natural and ingenious part of breastfeeding that modern day, heavily scheduled parents may find surprising. Unless the mother is going to go the breast pump route and leave her milk in bottles (which is not nearly as easy as it might seem,) breast feeding totally takes over, especially when the baby is young.

Last edited:
lol yeah, I'm pretty sure the baby thing will always be in the fantasy realm, and I'm 10000% ok with that! I'm a dreamer.

Speaking of breastfeeding...

My partner and I were out having breakfast this morning. The server, a woman, was attractive and had rather appealing breasts.

When she left for the kitchen, I said something about how attractive she was and how I rather liked the look of her breasts.

"I never used to appreciate breasts all that much," I said to my partner (a man who has almost no heterosexual attraction). "But lately I find that they are growing on me."

... pause ...

Laughter.

(pun)

Back