How often do you see your current partners?

This is really more of a survey than anything else. I am curious as to how often folks on here see (or Skype or whatever) their partners. Once a week seems to be standard for non-cohabiting couples in poly networks that I encounter around here, but obviously there is huge variety!

I’ll go first:

Glasses (nesting partner, co-parent and spouse): We see each other, talk, hug and kiss daily, but we don’t necessarily have “romantic alone time” or “dates” more than a few times a month.

Ponytail (long term relationship, lives about a 15 min drive away): We see each other 2-4 days a week, usually with one overnight at my house, maybe one date night out, and a fair amount of weekend time where we take the kids someplace so that Glasses can get some alone time.

Hubby and I live together and see each other almost every day. Hugs, kiss, general check-in. We do a date night every other week, usually. 90% of the time little girl sleeps with one or both of us so nights just us are rare.

I have one overnight with Boy a week. We have about 20-24 hours straight together every weekend but alternate wise home we are at. Little girl also goes with me to his house every other month for a night to see the extended chosen family. So half our time is usually kid friendly but most of our in bed time is kid-free.

Standing once a week video call with Lance. With near daily WhatsApp texts/pics. Occasional Vid call in between Sundays.

I see Adam nearly every day (since we live together) depending on if one of us (usually him) is out of town.

Last edited:
I live with MonkeyMan. Since he’s a freelancer and I’m a stay-at-home parent, we see a lot of each other (though when he’s working a lot, it’s definitely a ‘physically present, mentally absent’ thing). We keep very different hours, though.

RacingSnail lives 2,000 miles away. In the course of our year and a half together, we have seen each other every six months or so for about a week at a stretch. We’re in touch with at least a brief text every day, more when we’re able. 30 days until I see him again. :)

I live with Hubby, but because of his work and sleep schedule, we usually only see each other as he's rushing out the door to get to work. Some days, not even that, if I have an appointment or something and have to leave before he gets up. During the summer especially, because he works second shift, it isn't uncommon for us to go 2-3 days without seeing each other when we're both awake. He doesn't interact with me much anyway; human interaction just isn't his thing. So even if we are both home and awake for more than a few minutes, we're probably only *interacting* for a minute or two at a time, a few times a day. There are no meals together, there's no watching TV or anything like that together, and we almost never go to bed or get up at the same time. The only time we really spend more than a couple-few minutes at a stretch together is if we're having sex.

I have one guaranteed date night a week with my boyfriend, and we see each other an additional night during the month because of an event he hosts that he likes to have me go to. All of those are usually overnights, though a couple of times this summer our date night was just a couple of hours and no overnight due to extenuating circumstances, and he was out of town for two date nights. Once in a while, I ask for--and usually get--an extra night, but that isn't a common or predictable thing. He and I also usually talk on the phone on weekday mornings when I'm not with him.

Although I'm currently involved with (by some definition of "involved") four other people, I only consider one of them, Noon, a partner To me, "partner" is reserved for someone with whom I have an emotionally entangled romantic relationship; Noon is the only one besides Hubby and my boyfriend who fits that description. The others are FWBs or play partners. Noon isn't able to get together with any predictability or regularity; it's usually "Hey, are you free for lunch today?" once or twice a month when he has a space in his schedule. We message each other a few times a week, though.

The other three guys are all new connections within the past month or so (well, technically one of them has been a connection for two years, but it's been off and on and has only been on again for about a month or two), so we haven't really settled into any kind of routine. But one of them, it seems like I'll only be seeing at weekend play parties once or twice a month, and the other two will probably be once a month each, maybe twice if we can coordinate schedules. Party Guy and I usually message a few times a week; I don't often hear from either of the others except when they're scheduling a date with me. The lack of time together and lack of interaction, and the fact that Party Guy can pretty much only see me at parties, are the main reasons I can't consider any of them actually partners.

I see Neutron twice a week for designated 1-1 time: once at his place, once at mine.

When I was dating Patrick is was pretty similar: twice a week, on days I wasn't seeing Neutron.

The other days were/are for the multitude of other non-relationship activities I'm involved in. ...And sometimes me-time, when I remember to schedule it.

I just have one partner, we live in the same house and I almost always see her every day. Her husband works on Saturday, so she and I do stuff together on Saturday. Sex every other Saturday, which is actually plenty for both of us.

I split my time as close to 50/50 as I can between the seperate homes I share with each of my husbands.

I live with MrS and Dude, but we have "off" schedules (i.e. I have one, they don't) and Dude has been off doing Burner/Festival events a lot this year). I actually spend more "planned" time together with my "platonic GF" SLeW as we work together and spend a bunch of time together on the weekends she doesn't have kids (if she isn't seeing someone).

I may see my "others" once or twice a year, or once every few years, depending on what people are up to. MrClean has acquired a live-in GF, so we only see each other occasionally, as platonic friends. We txt here and there (I'm not a text-er).

I have been chatting of and on for a few years with a guy on OKC - we are meeting (in person) at a MeetUp at the end of the month. But I wouldn't even consider him a "potential" at this point. My OKC contacts seem to be "one-off" sort of things.

Ideally? I like my current set up - live in husband for emotional intimacy, live in boyfriend for physical intimacy, platonic work-wife for female intimacy, and a smattering of folks to flirt with in a friendly fashion. I'm opening to adding others but really don't have too much time to spare - a FB/FWB/slow-roll GF (for a 1-2 times a month hook-up) would be about the limit of my time/attention at this point.

Both my partners are long distance - they live in a different country.

So far, I've only had "in person" time with Jester for a month last year, during which time we saw each other every day 24/7. I'll see him again at the end of this year for two weeks - once again, we'll be spending every waking (and sleeping) moment of that time together.

He and I call once or twice a week, occasionally video chat, exchange pictures and message either daily or every second day.

So far, Boho and I have spent about one month in total of "in person" time, a few weeks last year and just over a week earlier this year. I'll be seeing her again in December. (All three of us will be together.)

Boho and I messenger call each other daily during her drive into work and sometimes during her evening/my morning. We message regularly also, and send pictures. We don't video chat, or very rarely.

EDIT: Next year I plan to move to the US, where my partners live. Currently we're all separated by thousands of miles, but the ultimate goal is to live together - a kitchen table V.

Last edited:
I have an emotional need to see my partners at least twice a week.

Usually I see SirGawain for a Sunday date and overnight, and one other day during the week in the evening for an overnight.

CornFlower I usually see at least once for dinner during the week, maybe twice depending on his schedule. We usually have a Saturday date day and sleepover as well.

I live with PunkRockAwesomesauce and DarkKnight, so I see them almost every day. I switch off sleepovers with them every other night.

lol I don't even see my husband more than two weekends a month. I'm *so over* this long-distance marriage bullshit! He works for the railroad and is always on the road. It was fine when I was doing my PhD because I was uber busy too, and frankly it was good not to have the distraction. But that's done now and I have a lot more free time, and it would be pretty nice to actually see my husband once in a while.

Last serious relationship I had, I actually saw my gf more than my husband - about twice a week.

While I only have 1 partner currently that I live with and see every day unless 1 of us is traveling, my history with partners is that for those I don't live with, 2x a week is my max average (as an average, there could be a week where I happened to see a partner more if schedules allowed), but even that becomes somewhat difficult to sustain unless I start giving up social plans, or if my nesting partner is dating someone, then we happen to be able to highly coordinate our date nights. I think my ideal would be once a week as an average with the potential for more or less on some weeks as schedules allow.

My longest term partner outside of my NP was someone that I only saw about every other week with no overnights, and that was about my absolute minimum requirement. Anything less than that and it just would make maintaining a connection too difficult for me.

While I only have 1 partner currently that I live with and see every day unless 1 of us is traveling, my history with partners is that for those I don't live with, 2x a week is my max average (as an average, there could be a week where I happened to see a partner more if schedules allowed), but even that becomes somewhat difficult to sustain unless I start giving up social plans, or if my nesting partner is dating someone, then we happen to be able to highly coordinate our date nights. I think my ideal would be once a week as an average with the potential for more or less on some weeks as schedules allow.

My longest term partner outside of my NP was someone that I only saw about every other week with no overnights, and that was about my absolute minimum requirement. Anything less than that and it just would make maintaining a connection too difficult for me.

I live with my husband, and for now I'm seeing my boyfriend twice a week. I miss having bigger chunks of time for my dates with my boyfriend, but it just isn't a feasible thing. I used to do whole weekends with non nesting partners, but Charles and I tend to have dates about 6 hours long.

I want the overnights too, but we'll see how it goes.

Back