Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 04:02 AM

Default Lesbian who is curious about an open relationship with her partner

Where to start.. I haven't ever done anything like this before. but hoping I can gain some clarity..

Im in a happy lesbian relationship with my partner for a couple of years now. As of late we have been bringing up the idea of open relationship but im not sure if we are serious about it? that will take further conversations but I want to see if its something I can be comfortable with after we went through a stage of her cheating which tore apart my heart and almost destroyed our relationship.

It took a lot of re-building. but we are in a place now where I don't feel the need to always watch over her shoulder and open myself up a little again. but obviously I still feel issues with trust and misconception about what it all means. I have noticed she has a tenancy to want to explore and be flirtatious and I have come to realise.. so do I. it makes me appreciate and love her so much more once we come home after a little night out of letting our walls down.

I guess where I'm going with this is.. can anyone relate? How did you move past it?

Its 2018, Id rather be open and honest and continue to build our life together whilst growing my self love for being an independent women with my women and who also loves to be a little bit cheeky.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings loulouxxx,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You may be still recovering from your partner's cheating stage; if so, opening up your relationship may be triggering for you, even if you feel that opening makes sense. You need to go slow, really really slow, and talk to your partner often about how you are feeling. In time, you may get to feeling more secure. In the meantime, keep us posted on Polyamory.com, and we can give you updated feedback/advice.

I'm glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 06-15-2018, 08:05 PM

Hey, it's nice to see a story that feels similar to mine.

I was cheated on as well, and even though it has been a couple years, it still hurts terribly. My partner and I are thinking about opening our relationship (we've talked about it since before the cheating occurred). I'm scared but also hopeful. Keep us posted on your journey, and take things slowly and carefully. Make sure that you express your needs and feelings. If things from the cheating incident come up for you, try to make sure they get addressed and don't just simmer quietly.