Pearly pearl pearl

pearl

Hi...

I've been putting this off since I joined actually... still not quite sure what to say!

I'm Pearl. I'm in my 20's. I live in the Uk. Erm. I'm mono in fantastic relationship with a beautiful woman who is poly (cosmicgirl, if you were wondering!).

I've tried being poly. Found that it wasn't for me.

Erm... really can't think of anything else to say! So hi!

Hi...
I'm Pearl. I'm in my 20's. I live in the Uk. Erm. I'm mono in fantastic relationship with a beautiful woman who is poly (cosmicgirl, if you were wondering!).

Hi - and welcome Pearl !

And..........
<tongue firmly in cheek>
Guess what ? You ARE poly - by extension <chuckle>.
The fact that you've seen it, accepted it as possible, are living it from one side - well - guess you are 'there'.
The fact that you've recognized your own personality and limitations about involvement with too many people at once is just one of the gazillion variations. But one thing's for sure - you'll never look at the whole poly debate from the mind of a truly mono person again.
Welcome :)

Hiya Pearl (and Cosmicgirl),

I'm new to this forum as well and wanted to just give a welcome. I do understand a bit of how the two of you likely feel. My wife loves me and has little interest in having anyone else in our relationship, but I've had a couple (primarily platonic) "girlfriends" over the years and she's been quite accepting and friendly to both of them (they were both nice ladies) and she's been open to allowing a longer term, more intimate relationship with someone (I just haven't found the "right one" yet) but primarily because we have a close and very open relationship/marriage and she doesn't have much reason to feel insecure or not trust me.

Anyway, I'm just rambling, but overall I think that's basically the key ... if two people love and trust each other and desire to stay together, then there's really not a lot of reason to hang on too tightly but instead you can add to things.

I assume it would be similar for the two of you, but I'd ideally like to find someone that my wife could become close to as well, and like I said, she and the couple "girlfriends" I've had in the past surprised me at how well they got along and in a lot of ways it made me more appreciative of how lucky I am to have found my wife ... even if we don't share a lot of common interests outside the home, I don't know if I could have found someone who loves and gives as much to me as she does. It was more of a logical choice to marry her and less a matter of having that "chemistry" (which I still miss), but the logic didn't do too bad and whether or not I ever find my "muse" :), I can't complain much (there are definitely people in worse conditions).

Anyway, I wish the two of you the best and hope you always appreciate each other.

Hi Pearl, welcome to the forum. :)

Hopefully this forum will still be helpful and enjoyable to you. There's some mono folk around these parts and they're very vibrant, fun parts of the community. Don't let the name of the site fool ya, this forum is for everyone. :p

Hi there Pearl! I've never actually met a Pearl, but this here is one of my favorite songs. Welcome!

Back