Wow, just opened an exciting world of possibilities

Katie

Wow, I recently decided to propose open dating to my husband. He nearly went off the dead-end end. He fine now, but it took.some coaching. He likes the idea, but he felt confined by his beliefs. He has wanted to explore this and I can tell he was afraid to say it. He and I both felt complacent in our regular life. My entire adult life has been outside of "normal" when it comes to how I perceive relationships. I think this might be challenging for sure. I not sure how to find a date that will.accept that I am Polyamory. It doesn't seem like it is very common where I live now. I guess we shall see. I'm full of questions! I have been unable to rest since the topic has been raised to my husband. It's been a lot of processing and very exhausting.

Greetings Katie,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'd be glad to answer your questions to the best of my ability, I'm sure other people here feel that way too. OKCupid is probably your best bet as far as looking for poly-friendly people to date. Just specify in your profile that you are poly.

Hopefully that helps for starters.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Wow, I recently decided to propose open dating to my husband. He nearly went off the dead-end end. He fine now, but it took.some coaching. He likes the idea, but he felt confined by his beliefs. He has wanted to explore this and I can tell he was afraid to say it. He and I both felt complacent in our regular life. My entire adult life has been outside of "normal" when it comes to how I perceive relationships. I think this might be challenging for sure. I not sure how to find a date that will.accept that I am Polyamory. It doesn't seem like it is very common where I live now. I guess we shall see. I'm full of questions! I have been unable to rest since the topic has been raised to my husband. It's been a lot of processing and very exhausting.

I hope you and your husband get on the same page. It's a huge step. Maybe you shouldn't start dating until things are calmer and you aren't exhausted.

But when you are ready, OK Cupid is a free dating site that welcomes poly people. It's worldwide, though probably a mostly USA population. Not sure where you live.

Back