Ore

greenearthal

I love love. Falling in love. Being in love. Staying in love. The appeal of New Relationship Energy is fairly simple and obvious, but personally, I really have a thing for comfortable settled relationships (Old Relationship Energy (ORE)). Something about another year ticking by on the calendar and looking across at a person and realizing how deep in love you still are. Being in a relationship where you feel you are past most of the big surprises and still really solid. Being next to a body that feels so familiar that it feels like it belongs with yours. Conspiring to do little things to keep it new.

Mmmmmmmmmm... all of that.

N and I have been together a little over 7 years. But we've only been married three tomorrow. I read this, glanced over at him sitting on the couch, and smiled. I know what you mean. :)

Still going strong...will..all things considered.

35 years plus for Stormsinger and I. (not to mention the previous circles)

Just Me,
Tim

I am just now discovering the truth in this, and realizing what a great decision it was to get married 4 years ago.

Hard-earned trust=freedom. Who knew? I always thought freedom was not answering to anyone.

I couldn't really start to appreciate Damncatfish's kindness and pleasure until I got to know his weakness and pain intimately, and he mine.

How sweet it is to have someone who understands how difficult certain things are for you, and appreciates when you overcome them, even in small ways. I don't think that's possible until you've got some miles behind you.

NRE is just another part of that, though- where the story begins. I know D and my story, as turbulent as it was, is precious to both of us. Our NRE was HOT!!! It's always nice to think about. :)

What a nice thread and a nice reminder. ORE can be with anything really, right now I'm having it with the beautiful fall leaves and the feeling I get when we start cuddling up in front of the fire.

ORE...yeah, I like that and I'm lucky enough to have that. Gator and I have been together 27 years and married for 25. Tech and I will reach 3 years since we met in January...while still learning about him, I think I have a little of the ORE with him as well.

I agree, there is nothing like the freedom that comes with trust. And nothing like seeing your partner hurt about something and still work to give you what hurt them and vise versa. Nothing says love quite like that. How can you not appreciate something so bravely fought for and grown through?

April will be 16 years since C and I became friends-and from day one we were damn near inseperable best friends. I took his virginity a year or two later and we've been close every since.

November will be 22 years since I met Maca.
March will be 12 years since we started dating.
July will be 11 years of marriage.

In both cases it's so awesome to be able to just look at something and know we share the same memory. That happens a lot watching Trinity. She's an odd combination of my oldest daughter and our youngest son. C helped me with raising my oldest and knew her well when she was Trin's age and of course they both were there when our son was little. So we watch her and she reminds us of these intimately happy family moments and I feel like it ties those knots just a little tighter with even a bigger smile.
It's like that with my sister too.
She's not biological. We met in 7th grade and later she became my foster sister, been a part of the family ever since. She and I are like that. I like knowing I can slide my feet under her butt on the couch if they are cold and she won't freak out, she'll just wiggle a little to get 'em comfy and rub my leg to warm it up. She won't even pause in conversation while she does it.
Sometimes other people think it's freaky-but we're just so close and in tune it just feels like maybe we're an extension of one another.

Back