Inexpensive Date Ideas

Iktomi

So obviously being in more than one relationship at a time is more work, more time, and more money. Money is tight for us, so I am just wondering if you guys have ideas for inexpensive dates or how do you handle money issues between three or more people? I am a stay-at-home mom so I don't have my own income, and the lady we're dating is a poor college student with no car. She also lives an hour away so just visiting costs money. Realistically, I know I'm going to spend money, I just wondered if you guys had any creative date ideas for the financially challenged. :p

Swimming and/or a sauna at your local leisure centre.
Boardgames or playing cards
Playing pool down the local pub

It's not where you go, or what you do, it's who you are with. As long as you make the time you spend together special and personal nothing else matters much. You could make a picnic lunch/dinner and go somewhere special, or just under a tree on a blanket... as long as it isn't too cold out. It's the little things that count though. A scenic walk, a museum, a basket of fries, it doesnd matter when you are with someone you enjoy being with.

Doing something for the other person that you're good at. If you're a fantastic cook why not cook them a fancy meal?

If you have training in massage or the like you could always set the mood and do something like that for them.

Teach them something that you like to do, crafting, knitting, scrapbooking ect.

Go to a free lecture at the local university on a topic that you aren't familiar with.

Find a local sporting event that has free or cheap tickets. Amateur sports are fun to watch.

This time of year (depending on where you live) there are outdoor skating rinks, go for a skate and then a hot chocolate.

A cup of tea and a cuddle on the couch, sitting at the library and people watching and looking at books, a long walk, gardening together, doing a craft or art together, puzzle, bath together or shower, spending a whole night in bed... All works for me and is often preferred. I really like the swim and pub idea vodkafan.

Last edited:
Possibility and I will often meet up at a local coffee shop that has free wifi, both bring laptops & spend time together while doing stuff that we don't do when we're alone together.

Rent/borrow/netflix a movie, pop some pop corn & have a 'theater' night without the huge expense!

Possibility and I will occasionally have an online date where we'll cyber sex with each other :D.

Our NE Ohio poly group have pot luck munches. All three of us go, we get to socialize with other poly people and have a fun time playing games ect. It’s not an intimate date, but it’s a date all three of us can go on. If your in the closet, that’s one place you don’t have to worry about being out in public with your two lover.

bake or cook together and then set a nice table complete with fancy napkins and candles, pedicure and manicure with a bottle of wine, thirftstore shopping, fruit picking (seasonal of course), foot and hand massage, find new music on the internet and dance around the living room, sing on line Karaoke, ...

Back