Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

It's like I've been walking all my life with a thorn in my foot, and the process of opening my marriage made me sit down and yank the damn thing out.

Yay!:)

Polyamory is an exciting development in modern times, and I feel excited to be a part of it.

Much easier than we thought is love, and life experience why?

We fell into a triad fmf 6 months ago. And it just keeps getting better. All the problems we have seen in other posts just don't happen, no jealousy, just the opposite in fact, no difficulties, great communication, blissful sex, loving and cherishing any time we have, respectful extacy. Not sure why, perhaps it's because of just two things,
1. All three of us are madly in love with each other and proud of ourselfs for that. And not the slightest bit jealous or selfish.
2. We've had lots of life experience ( we are old 45-60) so know how to handle the mundane stuff like, time, money, coming out, children etc.

Advice, grow up first, and if you are amazingly lucky, unplanned, fall in love.

We fell into a triad fmf 6 months ago. And it just keeps getting better. All the problems we have seen in other posts just don't happen, no jealousy, just the opposite in fact, no difficulties, great communication, blissful sex, loving and cherishing any time we have, respectful extacy. Not sure why, perhaps it's because of just two things,
1. All three of us are madly in love with each other and proud of ourselfs for that. And not the slightest bit jealous or selfish.
2. We've had lots of life experience ( we are old 45-60) so know how to handle the mundane stuff like, time, money, coming out, children etc.

Advice, grow up first, and if you are amazingly lucky, unplanned, fall in love.
It is great that you feel such joy in your relationship. The problems that you see in other post usually happen when the New Relationship Energy slows down and people start to notice differences and challenges more.

I often do not bother with a wish when blowing out birthday candles but this year, having both my guys bring my cake in singing together...I wished that such happiness could go on and on.

Leetah

We have now been a poly family close to 2,5 years. While things are not perfect, I am comfidant that one day we will all live in the same house/city and that we will have kids. For now, I am grateful for what we have had so far, and that we have all been patient through a relationship that trancends age, culture and language. Love happened to us, I have been blessed twice.

I have been witnessing some people close to me have serious struggles in their lives lately. I have been able to support them and still keep my own peace of mind - or at least restore it soon after I seemed to have lost it. This all has been possible because of all the love and support of my partners. Today I am feeling thankful for having them all in my life, thankful for all the support they have given me lately.

I value all three of my partners highly, they are all so dear and important to me. They all support me in their own individual ways - and those ways complement each other.

I think I might be falling in love (again). My anchor partner and I were in a monogamous relationship up until a couple of months ago when we stumbled into a quad with two of our best friends, and now I think I'm falling for one of them. She said "I love you" to me for the first time the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. Every time she kisses me I feel like I'm floating on a cloud. I've been monogamous with the same partner for almost 7 years, so I didn't imagine I could fall in love with someone else (and especially not while STILL being in love with my anchor partner!!). But...I think it's happening. And it's terrifying. But so good at the same time.

No drama at all after 14 months, is this unusual?

We've been together as a triad ffm all in love with all, sleep together 1 to two nights a week and all of every second weekend. For 14 months, always happy never had a fight. Much easier than previous relationships, is this unusual?:)

You must be doing something right, ;)

Just keeps getting better

:D Just an update all of us still in love and passionate all the time. Never any drama always happy.

Coming up somewhat to speed here slowly again, after all kinds.... but not even success stories, amidst the many kinda, nor our total fuck-ups dissuades me from gleanings that... not-necessarily some specific "poly-model", beyond talking about validation of each other's sense of their/another's relationality's buddings of always-transgressive eros, has meaning...

Like Waking Up

Back into multiple relationships after a seven-year mono-hiatus, and it feels terrific. I'm glad I didn't rush things--taking those years to focus on having a kid under five in the house was valuable--but this is like waking up, like coming home, like rediscovering myself. I feel like I have 25% more emotional energy to go around, and the synergies between my two relationships enrich them both! This time, good things really did come to me, who waited! :D

When I met Mr. Biker I was in distress. He was a very young little boy. Only eighteen! He had a crush on me for a long time. My husband had a girlfriend and other affairs. We had a deal that no outside problem would enter our marriage. I was allowed to have an affair. When Biker showed up, I wasn’t thinking of having anything. But he was persuasive. I didn’t believe I would have any kind of relationship with him. He was just fun.

Six years later, Biker is still here. A lot of things happened in six years. My marriage started to crack. I have two other relationships. I also have a girlfriend. I am divorced now. Biker is still monogamous with me.

12 weeks ago we found out that, at 42, I am pregnant! Biker is the father. For fifteen years I’d tried all kind of things. I tried faith healers, voodoo doctors, I even tried black magic! Nothing. I couldn’t be a mother. I gave up two years ago.

Nature has a funny way of doing things.

I told Biker he didn’t have to take any responsibility. He could leave. I also suggested it would be better for him to leave, since he was young and had a long life ahead of him. He didn’t leave, rather, he did the opposite. He proposed to me. He promised he would let his heart break before mine. I refused him at first, but he was persuasive. After thinking it over and over and considering a lot of other things, I’ve decided to take another chance. I agreed to marry him. My other lovers are supportive. My parents are also very happy.

On August 8 under the full moon we will exchange our vows. :)

Back