Looking for polyamorous couple/triad for interview feature

I'm a journalism student in my final year of university and am doing research into polyamory for an extensive feature on which I will be assessed. I'm really keen to depict polyamory as wholesomely and honestly as possible, and in a way that rejects any negative misconceptions/connotations.

I'm based in Cornwall in the South West of England so it would be amazing to find people nearby so we can meet, but alternatively the interview can take place via email/phone call.

I hope to pitch it to various publications (if that was something everyone was comfortable with).

I'm excited and hopeful to hear from some of you!

Thanks x

Hello flaminghotcheetos,

I'm in a poly-fi V, we are in the closet so to speak about our polyness, so we are limited on what kind of interview we can give. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have right here in this thread ... or, you can message me privately here on this forum, and I will respond.

Sincere regards,
Kevin T.

Poly life?

There are so many different 'flavors' of polyamory that it's almost easier to think of Poly as a spectrum of non-traditional relationship styles than as a single discrete 'lifestyle'. We've been in a very happy quad for over twenty years, but recently had the F half of our quad pass away. We're still dealing with the emotions and loss. If you have honest questions about our experiences (can't tell you that we're 'typical' (if there is such a thing), just that we're long-time poly), we'd be happy to talk with you.

If you're looking for wholesome polyamorists, don't seek a "triad." Triads are actually quite rare, and have a prurient sexual aspect in the public eye, especially if it's a female/male/female triad. Many newly poly couples exhaust themselves looking for a hot bi babe to "add to their relationship." And many single women are hurt by the "couple's privilege" if they enter into such a relationship.

For wholesomeness and true to life poly life configurations, let go of "triads," and seek singles or couples who date independently.

After all, the most common male sexual fantasy is to have 2 women in his bed. Modern polyamory is feminist. It's more about the newfound freedom of WOMEN to have multiple partners. Men have always been encouraged to have multiple female partners, at least sex partners. A wife, a mistress. Our culture has punished female adulterers much more harshly than males.

The current idea is that men are more often straight, and want two bisexual women to share their bed. Actually, men are just as likely to be bi as women, but most choose to be in the closet about it.

Be that as it may, the most common way most people do it is for each part of a couple to have their own independent relationship (or two) outside the couple.

I am new to this

I was referred to this site by an acquaintance, I’m currently married and I have a boyfriend that I see regularly, my husband is monogamist, and my boyfriend is more like the husband I would prefer to have, he wants an open relationship, what steps should I take to get my husband to be more open

I’m new to this part 2

I said I am married and have a boyfriend, well actually I have 2 boyfriends and one husband, the 2 boyfriends know about each other and are accepting of it

Hi 2arebetterthan1,

I have read your other thread, and responded there briefly. To summarize, you need to ask your husband whether it is even possible for him to be more open. Some people are hardwired for exclusively mono/mono relationships, and it is okay for them to be that way. Just as it is okay for you to be oriented for polyamory. I hope you and your husband are compatible, but if you're not, you may need to think about a divorce. :(

Keep talking with your husband for now.
Regards,
Kevin T.

Back