A wake up call....

bassman

Oh no, Ive been smacked sideways :-(

My Nephew, only 26 , died this morning from a rare blood disorder called aplastic anaemia.

Life is short, folks, enjoy and savour every moment.

Thing is, I am working in Dubai, and he lived in South Africa. His dad (my brother) is there and I need to fly down there soonest.

I am so sorry for your loss. I sincerely hope you are able to get there and be for your family quickly.

Thank you everyone.
We'd sort of grown apart a bit lately. But I was very involved in his life from birth to about 17.

Of course, I am travelling (8 hours flight) to be at the service, and to support my poor brother. Can you imagine losing a child?

I dont even WANT to think about how I might feel if it happened to my lil boy - I probably could not carry on, actually.

I live in the UK, my nephew was in South Africa, his dad lives in Thailand. I have another brother in Australia, and we will all be in Johannesburg for 2 weeks, together again as brothers, for a while.

it will be nice to see them, of course, but the circumstances....:(:(:(

I might just check out chix with stix, thank you !!

Gad, I need my strength. I'll be shoved together with a lot of family, with whom I have a strained relationship.:mad: I'll have to be really strong, and remember this occasion is not about ME, its about my brother and his loss.

And I hope I'm strong enough to keep my mouth SHUT when the family is together. Its been hard enough to stay off facebook for a few days. :eek:

Eh... when the family kicks in, it probably won't be as hard as you think. So sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there. Life is, indeed, short.

Back