Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Today is my Friday and I'm more excited than I ought to be that I don't have to be at work tomorrow. Actually, my mindset about work has been improving recently, so maybe the day will come when I don't feel such dread in regards to work anymore.

I'm taking off so I can throw myself into preparations for our Valentine's party on Saturday. I've been making all kinds of ice art and I'm ridiculously excited about how it's turning out. I have frozen water with roses around a big bottle of vodka and a smaller bottle of pear flavored vodka, made an actual ice bucket that I will probably fill with ice cubes, a single large rose entombed in ice for a centerpiece, and hopefully by Saturday evening I'll have five Scandinavian ice candles. Right now I have two made. I let the other three buckets of water freeze too solid, so I had to thaw them and start over. I was going to set these by our front door, but it's so bright there with all the outdoor lights, so instead I'll put them along our patio. They'll be visible from the kitchen and sunroom.

Wil is making vegetarian sushi rolls. B is making chocolate covered strawberries, three kinds of deviled eggs (Bacon jalapeno, avocado, and curry), and coleslaw to go on the shredded pork and chicken sliders (two versions). We'll have our large cheese board with five kinds of cheese, charcuterie, fruits, jams, mustards, crackers, baguettes, dark chocolate bar broken into pieces, etc. Desserts will be keto friendly. We're having mocha fluff, No Hershey Bar cake, Kentucky Butter Cake, B's chocolate covered strawberries, pound cake, and lemon poppy seed pound cake.

My middle kid has an abscess and is pretty miserable. He has sent me pictures of the extreme swelling in his face. He went into urgent care a couple of days ago and they gave him two shots of antibiotics. Today he says it feels like it's about to start draining and that although it sounds gross and is probably TMI, he hopes it happens. Can't say that I blame him.

Work calls, gotta end this.
Bea: Bond's former 41 year old cisgender girlfriend
M: Bond's former 46 year old cisgender bisexual ex-girlfriend
Golden: 42 year old male, ex-boyfriend, ex-housemate
Twitch: 46 year old straight cisgender male, ex-husband, father to Shasti's son
Shasti: Twitch's 46 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 02-13-2018, 04:21 PM

Bond and I are taking part in a Longitudinal Polyamory Study by LoveLab. This is month two of a 12 month study. The survey questions are numerous and it takes quite a bit of time to get through them. They require that you do the survey within a 48 hour window of getting the email with the link. I was a bit surprised that this month's questions were pretty much a mirror of last month's questions. I wonder if they were unable to save my responses the first month.

Tonight is date night and we're going out to dinner rather than staying in. After cooking our asses off last week/weekend for the party the last thing B or I feel like doing is cooking. It's Fat Tuesday. I'm fairly certain that most traditional meals will not fit the keto guidelines. Maybe we'll find a burger somewhere and then go find some music and celebration.

B has been attempting to start a job with Instacart. What a fiasco. Her first two shifts she didn't get sent a single job. She just messaged that she finally got one, and it was for a nearby city. She acknowledged the order and hopped in the car. They told her that she didn't acknowledge the order and that she'll get a write up and they sent her home for the day. All in the matter of 3 minutes. She was actually driving to the store. She's livid. She contacted them and hopefully things will be resolved. But I've heard bad things about that company.
Shasti: Twitch's 46 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son

Last edited by Petunia; 02-13-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:02 PM

Two Wil related things:
  1. He mentioned that his family would be very welcoming if we ever wanted to visit them in Pennsylvania. That they haven't gotten to see S3 (his biological son) since he was 3
  2. I have a feeling that the situation he made this remark about wasn't the best representation, but he wanted to say that an interaction between Bond and me that really seemed like no big deal to me, would not have gone so smoothly back in the day between Bond and his wife. He says it's a very nice change.

Re PA: we might put a trip down in the books for this year to visit with the two younger boys. That would be fun (I think) as I've never seen Pennsylvania and have always wanted to.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:36 PM

Yesterday I spent a bunch of time laying out a plan for paying off my debt. I think it's doable if I can limit how much money I give my kids. Megan could totally derail me, and I'm worried that Josh may become expensive again when he moves to Wisconsin and goes to school. Hopefully Taylor is past his costly age. He's nearly done with college, so his rent, phone, medical will soon be his responsibility. If things go according to plan, I'll be totally debt-free by early fall of 2019. Credit card debt, car, and student loans will all be paid off without having to sell the house I own with Twitch. It'll take some hefty payments, but Bond covers almost all of my living expenses, so it makes it possible. I am so lucky.

It's kind of heady to dream about what all will be possible once I am debt-free. In 3 months I could save enough for an abdominoplasty. In another two months, or less, I could afford new drapes - stylish drapes! I could buy furniture that is more to my style for the front room, etc. I could beef up my retirement account. I could save money for a future business. I could contribute to our lives. So many possibilities.

I feel like I can breath.

All the peoples are going to be at my house this weekend.

I'm picking up my grandson this evening, after his stepmother's birthday dinner at some restaurant on the eastside, TBD. Wil is coming down for the weekend, so he can see the boys. He should be arriving shortly after lunch. And B is bringing her kids over to hang out with the boys. Wil is bringing his drywall saw and we're going to work on putting the tunnel in the soffit to join the two sides of the kitty highway. Franki may come hang out, too. I really hope she does. We haven't seen each other in ages! Plus, whenever we work on the cat highway my thoughts go to her, because she helped with the first project we did on it. On Sunday Bond's wife is coming over to visit with Wil. It should make for an interesting weekend. I may be people exhausted by Monday morning.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:15 PM

The tunnel in the wall didn't happen. The guys did climb up into the attic and pictures were taken. Now Bond needs to order the 90* connector pieces and pick up 4 12" x 4' concrete form tubes from the store and we can move ahead. It was really cold on Saturday for climbing around in the attic, so I can't really get too annoyed that they didn't actually do more. I'm slating this to be completed sometime in April or May before the attic space is too hot to work in. We need to hit the sweet spot of the attic being temperate.

I'm about peopled out, just like I expected. My grandson wanted to spend another night, because he doesn't have school today and neither do Bond's kids (Presidents Day) and now we're getting a day of rain that will likely become freezing rain. We may not be able to wait until evening to meet up with his dad. We'll be keeping an eye on the weather and ready to make the exchange earlier if needed. Bond has today off and I'm at work. Bond will be dropping his kids off in the late afternoon (unless the weather dictates an earlier drop time) and we'll then get my GS to his dad after that. At least that's the way I think it'll play out. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to call into work tomorrow due to icy roads. I'm so bad. LOL. Any excuse! The worry, though, is that tomorrow we need to make it to the polls and that may be dicey. I cannot skip that!

Franki hung out with us Saturday afternoon. B was over later with the kids and there was some overlap which was nice. Franki left around 5 pm, because it was starting to snow and also because she hates driving in the dark. I love hanging out with Franki. She's so peaceful. B is a force to be reckoned with, loud and forceful, and Franki is the opposite, calm and peaceful and restful.

Saturday I got a notice in the mail that the parking ticket my son got in December at the airport wasn't paid and was now $50, up from $35. I paid that ticket as soon as I found it in my car when I went back to work after Xmas. I couldn't find an email confirmation, but when I got to work today I found the actual ticket in my filing cabinet. I was really annoyed with myself that I hadn't written the confirmation # on it. I did have a note saying it was paid on the 27th, though. I checked my bank statements and then a credit card statement and found the payment. I called the clerk and she explained that they were missing the citation number on the payment, so it hadn't been cleared. I am a bit surprised that was missing as it's part of the form, but whatever. She took care of it on her end and I won't have it outstanding anymore.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:50 PM

I think B and Bond are meeting for "lunch" which should actually be called a nooner. I'm not 100% okay with that and I feel guilty that I have these feelings. They did this last week, too, and I felt a bit unsteady for several days about it. Last night was date night and we had dinner at B's and hung out in her room chatting, but nothing intimate because she had her kids. They are talking about getting together today and I'm feeling the yucky feels. Mostly I am diverting my thoughts away from the negative, insecure emotions and not focusing on it to the best of my ability. Still shocks me how this can still be a thing for me. Sometimes I suck.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:53 PM

B and Bond did not meet for "lunch" yesterday, which I should have been able to figure out, because we had cleaning people at our house. Duh. Me being me, I told Bond how about my feels and we had a bit of a talk online and then a bit more when I got home from work. I think more sex would fix the problem. We have sex so rarely and I need to remind myself that it's because I'm a sex at night kind of gal and he's a sex in the morning kind of guy. The lack of sex is due to difference in schedules and not a sign of disinterest. My mind immediately goes there when I think of the two of them and sex - that Bond is more interested in sex with B than he is with me. Maybe that's what I need to communicate to him. Voicing all this to him lead to sex this morning, which was nice, but does leave me feeling that it only happened because he is trying to appease me.

Ugh, I just had a conversation with a coworker about gun control. He thinks it'll do no good and I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. I cannot stand talking about anything political with him as he's a die-hard Republican.

LOL, I lost my passkey somehow in the office. I'm actually quite surprised how many people helped me search for it. I finally found it in the recycling bin. I had carried in a case of sparkling water, put it in the refrigerator, ripped off the perforated end, and then tossed the pieces in the recycling - along with my passkey. Oiy. SMH
Old 02-23-2018, 04:04 PM

This weekend is our last kid-free weekend; for the next three weeks we'll have them 5 days each week from Wednesday after school until Monday morning. Then we'll be out of town for the Game Developers Convention (GDC) in San Francisco. The next week we'll have them Monday and Tuesday and then their mom is taking them someplace for Spring Break. I think we'll have them Easter Sunday. Both Bond and I are like, um, we don't need them for that, but I think their mother is hoping we'll take them to give her a break. I'm dreading March.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:33 PM

Our kid-free weekend was bliss. I thought we would just chill and be lazy, unproductive blobs, but life has a way of demanding you keep on adulting. We adulted like we were after a badge, but we did it in such a relaxed manner I don't think we realized we were checking boxes off the list.

We needed groceries, a cat climber/scratcher for easier access onto the ledges on the end of the fireplace, and some type of material to cover those ledges with to add more traction for the cats. Said shopping was accomplished in several outings which started around 11am and didn't conclude until 6:30pm.

Sunday I was set on being a sloth, but Bond decided to tackle a project that has probably been nagging at him for months, so I got myself off the couch and cleaned the fish tanks. Bond finished his refastening of the drapery rods in the front room and like the fucking rock star he is, he helped me finish cleaning the tanks.

Our snail population had grown to an unacceptable level after we missed a clutch a number of months back. Snails poop a lot. <sigh> I decided that I was getting rid of the majority of them by whatever means necessary. I filled a Rubbermaid container to capacity and informed Bond that they had to go. He plucked Shelly out of the rehoming collection and returned him to the tank, but he left the others to their fate.

Bond had an order to pick up from Best Buy (VR charge and display stand), so we swung by PetSmart first. The near-child clerk in the fish department told me it was against store policy to take in fish or snails which was disappointing and meant we would have to drive further to see if Pet World would take them (I offloaded about 120 on them last time.) I was ready to make a beeline for the car, but Bond wanted to check cat food prices (we cannot get Sybil to eat raw). While we were wandering around a lady and a young girl approached and inquired if we were getting rid of snails. Long story short, she was willing to take the entire lot. Yes!!! I felt lighter the instant they left my hands. It might be fun to have fish tanks again!

Sunday evening we visited B for an hour or so because we were missing her. Tuesday night B and I are joining a friend for a "free" Mary Kay thingie, so our date night will be postponed until Wednesday. Um, I just realized we have kids that night. Oh, well. Gotta see our gf!

Saturday night I'm going to Franki's to hang out. Tonight I have a hair appointment. It's going to be one of those weeks that wear me the fuck out.

But, I have fewer snails!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:52 PM

I'm looking forward towards the future a lot lately. Spikes of intensely bright hope radiating my consciousness. It's because of my debt paydown plan. I can see daylight at the end of 17 months and it's overwhelmingly exciting. I am feeling creative and looking for an outlet, or maybe outlets. Freedom of choice is swiftly approaching; I need to keep my eye on the goal.

The goal is so strong in me right now. I resisted buying any product at the Mary Kay show. I told them to check back with me in 16 months. I really liked the skin moisturizer and I'm sure Bond would like it, too. It'll just have to wait until I've accomplished eliminating my debt. First things first.

Creativity; I'm tumbling ideas around in my head for a novel, thinking about woodworking, and I'm wondering if I want to start sewing again. Lots of ways to expend creative energy.

Someday when I'm no longer limited by my employment I would like to join the social justice cause. There are so many ways to get involved and I feel a need to contribute.

Tags
cohabitation, living situation, living together, new poly, polyamorous