Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Official Greeter

Sometimes your spouse helps out when you most need it, eh?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:21 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Good morning. Just a check-in. I am in between nursing, so this will be brief.

I was safely delivered of a baby girl. I really thought we would have another boy. I went into labour on the day of my baby shower. I woke up in the early hours of the morning, and I was in a wet spot. I immediately knew it amniotic fluid and not urine. I was advised to head to the hospital so that the fluid could be tested. Lo and behold, it was amniotic fluid. There was a tiny hole causing a leak, and since I was within days of my EDD, I was admitted. My OB and Perinatologist were about to prep me for a Caesarean, and I refused. Do not argue with a woman who is having contractions. One will always lose. They agreed to let me have a natural birth on the condition that two Neonatologists had to be present in case an emergency Caesarean had to be performed. I wanted a natural birth. No epidural or any pain management outside of hypnotherapy and natural pain relief like a birthing ball. Matt was by my side the whole time. I was about to give up when I was pushing, and she was not coming out. He whispered something in my ear, and it gave me the strength to do it. I caught my baby, and I held her against my heart. I have never cried so much in my life. I delivered naturally and had no complications like foetal distress, tearing, haemorrhaging, or uterine rupture. All blessings considering all of the above were possible.

I keep looking at her and thinking, "What if I had not changed?" If I had not changed, I would not have her in my life, and I would not have peace in the purest form. I cannot think about where I was because I know that I cannot go back. Nothing before I changed can ever remotely compare to the love I feel for my baby. While I cherish the good years I had with Kensi, I laugh at the thought of ever going back to any semblance of what my life was.

I kiss my baby's little feet, and my heart swells when she smiles. I look in her eyes, and I believe with all of my heart that everything will be okay. There is no way in the world I would ever give up being a hands on mummy to four amazing children to ever get back the poly side of my life that I walked away from two years ago.

Crazy as it sounds...I enjoy only working until 3:30 PM every day. I have structure. I enjoy knowing that if I want to, I can walk away for my job for 52 weeks of paid maternity leave and spend the entire year raising my baby. I enjoy waking up next to the same person and not having to schedule sex or romantic windows. I enjoy watching us grow together. I love the way he looks at me. He looks at me with love as opposed to mere tolerance and almost sadness. I enjoy waking up and hearing my babies laughing. I enjoy being there in the middle of the night to comfort them if they have nightmares. I enjoy the most mundane of tasks like changing nappies and bath time. I rejected the idea of hiring a night nurse. I enjoy the bonding that nursing provides. I can feed my own child. I do not care if it is 1 in the morning or 1 in the middle of the day. I enjoy being present and engaged with my family. 90% of the time, I do not know where my phone is, and I could not care where it is when I am at home. I look forward to every day because I appreciate every moment, and I am thankful for every experience I get to have. I almost lost everything, and the thought of even losing any element of it is something I cannot bear. I love where I am. I will continue to acknowledge where I came from, but going back? I am not remotely interested.

Sleepless nights, countless nappies, nursing every hour, 2 AM feedings, and all. I am wonderful. I hope you are all doing well!

My little lady bug.

My Blog
Old 05-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Official Greeter

Congratulations on your newborn! She's a beauty.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:38 AM

A lovely birth story. Congratulations on the wonderful addition to the family.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:32 PM

Oh holy Asherah and Hathor, you had a natural birth! And nursing full time! Fuck polyamory (at least for now), you've got babies to raise! Congrats!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 62)
Pixi (poly, F, 40) my partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 36), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 05-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Congrats!! So happy for you, Matt, and the family!
Spinner: 52/M, Friend I went on a couple dates with. Divorced, Mono, "just friends".
Xena: 47/F, Chops' partner of 6 years
Curls: 50/F, Chops' partner of 1 year

Supporting Characters:
Choplet: Chops' son
DanceGirl: My oldest daughter
Pokégirl: My youngest daughter
Old 09-03-2015, 10:48 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Hello, hello, hello!

I have not been on my blog in almost four months. First and foremost, thank you all for the congratulations. The bub is doing well and getting bigger every day. I am still exclusively breastfeeding. I am pro-extended breastfeeding, so if nursing extends until she is 2-3, so be it. Mothering an infant has been far more daunting than I remember. Admittedly, I was detached and almost disinterested in our son. Though not formally diagnosed, I firmly believe that I was suffering with PND. I have kept a handle on my emotions and monitoring this time around. I am vocal about when I am having highs and lows. I am not ashamed to seek help this time. If I struggle, I know that I am not a failure of a mummy or some godawful person. I do have wobbly days. I do have days where I am more emotional than others. All in all, I feel pretty good. I have a tonne of help in the form of superb support and loving friends/family.

Mothering an infant has been a learning curve. I have found a rhythm, and I am just taking it day by day. This will be my normal until I return to work in 2016. I made the tough decision to slow down and breathe. I want to be present and available for my baby's first full year of life. I have my husband's support. Initially, I was prepared to return after the standard 18 weeks of parental leave. After much consideration, this was the best decision. I am now a stay-at-home mummy, and I am devoting my time to philanthropic causes and being a mummy. Strangely, I do not feel empty and like I have lost myself. I am not allowing myself to be idle and certainly not letting someone else do all the work.

I might update later with more, but I have a million things to do. A simple trip becomes a checklist of things! I miss you all, and I hope your lives are going well!

xRy

My Blog
Old 09-12-2015, 12:25 AM
Official Greeter

Good to hear from you again. It sounds like you are busy but overall happy.

Tags
anger management, bisexual female, blame, break-ups, breaking up, changing loyalties, children, co-parenting, competition, coupledom, demanding partners, divorce, forgiveness, from poly to mono, healing, making excuses, married and polyamorous, poly co-parenting, poly to mono, primary/secondary, therapy, triad fallout, trust, vee dynamics, vee vs. triad