Coming out

AllyCat

Just a quick hello! I've told a couple friends now, and have talked with my Fiance, and am at least feeling confident enough to get to know this forum about poly relationships.

I've known I was poly since I was 14 and in "14-yr-old-love" with two boys. The feelings made complete sense then and it wasn't until I acted on it that I realized what comes with me being poly for me, guilt and fear of hurting the one(s) I'm closest too. Every relationship I've been in, I've "cheated" or broke the (usually unspoken) rules. Now, 16 years later, I'm about to marry a man I've loved for 10 years, been in an open long-distance relationship for 6 of those, broken up for one, and in person mono for the other 3.

So my kind of poly, and maybe there is a term for this that I missed in the glossary, is that I can, and almost always do, have romantic feelings for more than one person at once, not only sexual curiosity but love-feelings.

I'm obviously still feeling this all out, and am going to post for advice elsewhere. Thanks for being a welcoming community and I look forward to learning from you all!

Greetings AllyCat,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

The kind of poly you described is pretty basic. It's all about having love-feelings for more than one person at once.

I've read your other thread and responded there. You definitely seem to be polyamorously inclined. Now we just need to figure out how that's going to look in your life going forward. I'm hoping that Polyamory.com can help.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back