Coming out

AZtriad

How to you face "coming out"? do you not care and just come out? or do u share because u are so happy and dont want to hide it? im kinda in a tough spot. my mom doesnt know completly whats going on but knows there is something going on. pretty much told me that im a embarrasement. but i dont want to hide on my fb that im in a relationship with her. i dont want to hide her because i am not embarrased to say that i love 2 people. but i truely breaks my heart that my family is like that. i pretty much unfriended all my family and the ones i kept on i put on restricted. how does everyone deal with this?

Everyone's experience is different. Some people are out to everyone, some to noone, some to some. Each person's journey and perspective is different.

I have only minimal facebook interaction - a small group of my close friends in real life who live far from me. I customize each post I make (like 3-4 a year) so that only the people that I want to communicate with see it. I don't use facebook for family (they can call me). I don't use my real name.

As for the rest. We are out to friends only. Initially it was only our closest friends but we have been gradually loosening that.

Our families are figuring things out slowly on their own (luckily MrS and I have really great families - they are willing to let us present things as we see fit without asking prying questions, Dude is estranged from most of his family so it doesn't come up).

I am not out at work, so we are not "out" in public while we are home (traveling is a different thing altogether - let 'em stare :eek:).

JaneQ

Back