facebook change!!! YAY!

TL4everu2

So...I was told today that Facebook has now made a change to our relationship status options. :) There is now an option for "Open relationship". :D I changed mine to reflect that status just a few minutes ago.

Caveat: If you had it registered as "married" before, it will send a confirmation message to the person you said you are married to. Wasn't a big deal for me, but to some, it might be.

Just thought I would share.:D:D:D

There has always been an "open relationship" option. The thing people have been complaining about is that it won't let you have more than one person "in an open relationship with" you.

Oh :( I guess it's been a loooong time since I set up my account. :( Because they didn't had that option when I set it up, or I would have done that. Oh well. I thought I was finding something new.

I meant "always" since I joined, which was over 2 years ago... i think there are apps you can get that will expand the details you can add to the relationship status. but i don't know what they are.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you switch to Google+!

I'm still exploring and figuring things out with it but so far I'm loving it!

It's google's answer to Facebook. There are absolutely NO apps or games to clutter up my feed or waste my time, you have circles of friends and if you post to one circle the others do NOT see what you posted, enter means NEXT LINE not post, you can voice/video conference with up to ten people at a time (called hangout, btw) and it's super easy to add someone to a circle, or more than one.

I have plenty of invites available if anyone wants one :). Just send me a pm with your email (not sure if it works with non-gmail addresses but there's only one way to find out). They've been having problems with lost invites recently but I think I get MORE invites the more people I invite.

When I joined FB had the open relationship option as well. I just can't figure out how to get only certain people to see what I've posted *shrug*, with Google+ that idiosyncrasy seems to have been solved.

The thing I LIKE about Facebook vs. Google+, is that on FB, you can meet NEW people....whereas, I have yet to figure out how to let other people see my profile on Google+, or even be able to see other peoples profiles. I want to be on a social networking site, to meet NEW people....Not just connect with people I already know.

The thing I LIKE about Facebook vs. Google+, is that on FB, you can meet NEW people....whereas, I have yet to figure out how to let other people see my profile on Google+, or even be able to see other peoples profiles. I want to be on a social networking site, to meet NEW people....Not just connect with people I already know.

Neon Kaos likes this.

I've been experimenting on Google+, lol. Just like FB, if you type in a person's name, or portion of a name, it brings up many different options for you. You can still read their posts and stuff as long as they have themselves as viewable on the web, otherwise they aren't searchable.

But see? I want to meet and talk to new people. Not the ones I already know. Facebook does the same thing also though. But I want to be able to do it w/o seeming like some kind of stalker or weirdo. Also, an option to only search in specific geographical areas would be nice. I mean, I start typing in names, (and I get like 10 results max...always the same ones too depending on the name I spell out) and I get 10 people...Ranging from somewhere in Florida, to somewhere in California, to Australia. I wanna talk to ppl I can actually meet some day.

We're new on Google+ as well. Still trying to figure it all out. We're loving this for being able to share our new polyamory relationship with only the people we want to. Everyone else that we know would attack us and bash us, even though we know they love us, will stay on FB and we'll talk to them from there.

It would be nice for all of those who would use it.

However personally I wouldn't as we've only been poly a few months and already see to some it's worse than being gay! :( Everyone instantly thinks oh your a polygamist now? I do get pissed sometimes when to society in general cheating, threesomes, swingers and the likes are much pretty ok. But once you make it a real loving relationship with more than one person and it's OH MY GOD YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!!! :eek:

Sorry even I grew up thinking the term meant a guy with tons of wives, screwing them and the daughters holed up in some compound based on what I've seen on the media. Till got some education on it now.

I've had a few women who were fine chatting with me till they asked, wait a minute I thought you said you're married. Being honest I explained, one instantly blocked me. The other said "OMG YOU SICK TWISTED FUCKING PERVERT!" then blocked me, lol. Had a Transsexual after just just saying a few words after hello checked my profile and boom "Sorry NOT interested! I may be a Transsexual but even I have some morals and values" ignore.

I still will not give out my Yahoo, MSN, Skype, Facebook on here or other sites like it I have yet to actually chat with many "nice" people accepting of it beyond one couple we met. I have joined some polyamory groups and pages on FB but don't flaunt it in front of people. If he subject comes up fine, if not why risk it.

Wife says she would be totally ok if I just took all references of "being married" off my profiles just to say I'm "into Polyamory" but still feel bad it's like cheating to the new woman that I'm single and when things get serious... then I drop the M-bomb!? :(

Honestly I DO wish there was someplace you could actually find local Poly people where they are more open than having to sift thru Okcupid, also joined Fetlife (not really into BDSM) in hopes to just find where the **** are these people! Even to just talk! T (my wife) says I should make a dating site which is free or dirt cheap and seriously thinking of doing it just need to wait till payday to buy yet another domain name.

One of our members here developed Poly.fm it's supposed to be a social networking site for poly peeps. I haven't been on since it was in beta, but I'm gonna check it out again today.

My husband, Runic Wolf, is also struggling to find people willing to date a married man. His last g/f was poly and that didn't work out so he's pretty discouraged atm.

One of our members here developed Poly.fm it's supposed to be a social networking site for poly peeps. I haven't been on since it was in beta, but I'm gonna check it out again today.

My husband, Runic Wolf, is also struggling to find people willing to date a married man. His last g/f was poly and that didn't work out so he's pretty discouraged atm.

Tell RW not to give up hope. NY is a big place. At least he's not in Central Illinois. :)

I'll have to check out poly.fm.

Back