A Fresh Page Of Somegeezer And The First Glimpse Of Clarity

ADD and likely a few others

I doubt you have it. Just who fucking wants to pay attention to shit that doesn't matter. I think same with memory. I used to have what is called eidetic memory. I could remember how many pages roughly were in each hand and where in the page it was, but if you read any of my posts I confused the Koran the the Cheshire Cat! (Well two kinds of philosophy? Lol)

I think that finding your bliss is the hardest thing to do in life and schools tend to know nothing about. Like stuff you in the grinder and hope enough come out the other side. If you come out fucked up "Well he's a problem child."

Sir Ken Robinson has some cool funny TED talks on this stuff.

Sounds to me like you like music, and computers, logic, which to me philosophy is a part. I have one of those fucking brains that can do too many things. I did not know this until I was tested at 28 or 30 and they said,."Yeah we can't help you. You got one of those brains." So I stopped think I needed one career. I do tons of different shit, sometimes I have money sometimes I am totally broke.

I actually designed a house in my twenties. This older guy was talking about a house he wanted to build and I just started playing around. I loved architecture because you have to think about the engineering, weights and loads, spans crap like that, but also how is each room used and how do you flow from room to room and finally how it looks and feels.
So engineering, function and aesthetics.

When I saw your nick I thought Old guy then WTF! Just turned 20 and understands how to build computers (I used to be a power users of a few things like how to get word processors to do shit they are not designed to do and make complex spreadsheets, but when my daughter, who has a computer before she could walk! Started telling how to do shit when she was 12 and I was like "Ah fuck it. Screw learning computers." I know I odorless but I got a zillion other things.

Sign language. I was on a train in Japan. kids from all over the world for some international deaf convention. They are from all over the world and jabbering away! Signs are the same in every language! Fucking cool! I was envious. I go to some country and I have no fucking idea what people are saying. Somehow Japanese came easily to me, but Korean, a Chinese, now Tamil fuck no. But I don't really give a shit. I'll learn a. Few words and maybe learn a few more,but the whole I gotta blah blah. Shit I fuck myself enough without adding THAT.

But cool you can be in any country and deaf folks all know what you A&E saying!

Music, computers and numbers are all related, they are sort of global thinking. Same for Law, philosophy and architecture. Go check some of them out. Russell is a gas, Christ I love all philosophers even guys I think are full of shit, because it makes me tighten how I see stuff and how to refute their ideas.

My big Advice? Cut yourself some fucking slack. Read enough of everyone's post here and we've been doing this a long time and still don't know what the fuck we are doing. We just know how to LOOK like we might!

I've been rich a few times, had successful companies, thought I was a businessman, then discovered I had a cool idea and found some people who fucking did know business and THEY made the fucking money! I totally suck at business.

The whole got a job, blah blah. I do that all the time, looking over there, then I discover they hate their fucking lives or are afraid they are going to be found out to be a total fraud.

So I started playing around with this house idea. And we would meet and have some beers and talk more. I go home and fuck around some more. I finally make all these house plans. I had no fucking idea what I was doing, just knew I needed a sharp pencil and a good ruler (only IBM and a few guys like that had computers!) I was just fucking around and I had my folder one day at the bar pulled it out the guy went nuts. Loved the shit! Total wtf.

He paid me a pot of fucking money for me fucking around. Life is like that. And he wanted it to look like an old house, like post and beam and some friends of mine wanted to learn to build that stuff, so I talked him into it.

Took us two years, fucking made a bunch of mistakes. Learn and fixed them and had a blast. Those guys went on to make a post and beam building company ai designed about ten houses, had to get an architect to sign off. Then, next twinkly bit caught my eye and I walked.

I don't know how to glue computers together with , programming and music together and maybe you don't need to. The idea we need to have a fucking career? I know a bunch of people who make a bit doing this and a bit doing that but all of it is shit they love to do.

Full time musician always seems like a tough go, but I know a group of doctors called the Jazz Doctors. These are like cardio vascular surgeons and brains surgeons crap like that and they also love Dixieland jazz. They are fucking awesome to listen to. They get paid to play jazz and they cut people open during the day. For them music is like a way to relax.

Program a little, fix people's computers, fuck there are folks who pay big time for that, program, or find companies who need programs that fit their special needs. Write programs.

You don't have to have a single job. I think the single job is scary shit. Some fuck head up top fucks up and you are OUT of a job and it is the only job. But if you have like five or six things you do. Hey the club we were playing at went broke, big fucking deal, I got money fixing computers and I got this and I sold a song I wrote.

You fucking sound like a cool guy who mainly is getting down on yourself because you don't look like Leave it to Beaver (maybe you'll have to google that it comes from the B&W TV era.)

Life seems to me to have a bunch of Oh Shit and Wow how cool. Right when you think you got a handle on it, some fucking truck does hit you and right when you think, Bridge, gun to head, pills, cut my fucking worthless throat some total accident happens and it is like Yeah I was just stopping to get a beer at the store and some guy was complaining about.... And now I got a free place to live and a free car! (Literally happened to me).

Life happens while you are making plans. Never seem to end up where we thought we were headed.

Cut yourself some slack, stop thinking you have to fit in some system and be grateful you got fired from the job cleaning desks! Yeah it sucked, but you sound way cooler than a monkey. It likely made you go look.

I had this policy when I was your age. I'd go find some job. One that would pay the rent and the bills and immediately go look for some ridiculously cooler job. More times than not I found it because, fuck I had a job. I didn't need this new job, I just wanted it.

Very different vibe, for the I need this job
I want to do this job.

You might have ADTBSD
Attention Deficit To Bull Shit Disorder

Memory. I started having problems with my memory. I was working with a hypnotherapist and she just said, you know you are in a just don't give a fuck mood. Just give a shit and you'll remember shit. Suddenly, I could remember all kinds of things.

I'm know most of all for the brevity of my posts!

Cool blog. I write a lot. Like books worth of shit. I don't think I could write a blog.

Last edited:
Back