The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Sitting in the Vancouver sun, listening to Vancouver fans freak out in preparation for the big game. Thinking about how busy my life is and how awesome so much is right now. I am really enjoying the travelling meeting new people and reconnecting with people.

I am even digging apartment shopping. Who woulda thunk? haha

TIRED, the youngest decided she wanted to party until three last night and i've been fighting a headache all week. c is going to ask a high school crush out for lunch today and i'm anxious as hell about the whole thing.
after examining my feelings for the last few days i've realized it's not him liking her or wanting to spending time with her, its that i want to like her and her to like me. i've had really poor relationships with women in the past and we're hoping these relationships will become like family for us.

Thats true. My successes today are really showcased in my life because of my hard childhood. So thats a great point :)

Thanks, it really does help me. And just because it bugs me, I must correct my "their" to "there". GRR, I guess I still have some perfectionistic tendencies that I've yet to conquer.

If you saw my house though, you could see that I've conquered so many of them ;-). My mother said to me the other day "so you do know how to clean" after I spent 4 and a half hours cleaning up after the mess my dog made in my bathroom (long story). She's really lucky she's so darn cute and sweet though (the dog, not my mother so much)!

Anyway, back to you, I think it's a really important grounding exercise and I'm glad that you can acknowledge your growth!

Hugs,

Christie

Mehhhhhhh

Breathes is working too many extra hours this week so I'm missing him and getting just a little tired of my own company. (Did I just say I'm tired of my own company?)

He's not working tomorrow night, unfortunately it's gaming night *sigh*.

I'll get to see him Saturday, IF I can get him to stay awake long enough that is.

Went for a ride last night and now on my weekend, 2 days of nothing. Farmers market tomorrow and hopefully a ride or two.

My new riding partner has been fun. She is in better shape, but her skillet is lower, so we push each other on opposite ends of the spectrum. She really rides my ass up and I am helping her "be one with the trail" on the way down. I have been so happy to be back riding, I was worried my skills and strength would have gone away, but I feel confident on the trail. Might be time to really push myself and get back out onto the more technical runs.

Gloomy, rainy and snowing here (on the mountain). It's been so hot and sunny it almost good to smell that fresh BC air.

Pengrah and I had a huge talk about poly last night, kind of a where we stand? We are two different people in poly. She has been poly a very very long time, even though she never had a word for it. My poly is most definitely new. Nothing specific came out of the conversation, I just have a better understanding of what she wants, misses, and in the end, how she sees her involvement in poly.

Not quite ready to meet the world today, but I know it's out there.

Must give myself the luxury of moving slow and steady.

I have been grateful to have been able to expend almost all of my nervous energy at work these last few days. Almost.

I am trying to consider all that has been communicated to me this week, and all that I have found in myself. But not all at once, not right away. My Love is too precious for me not to follow it down this path too, scanning the ground and the trees for creatures and shiny things that trigger my attention.

Believing and accepting and working. Writing. Getting through and getting angry and finding out why. Laughing at the full spectrum of my stubbornness.

Grateful. I would not trade my life for anything.
-R

I'm so happy I could

(a) melt
(b) explode
(c) take a nap
(d) blossom

All of the above.

I've won the cosmic jackpot. And I didn't even buy a ticket!

Walking along nicely on a trail heading home after a good hike and... Out walks a big ole black bear (lets guess at 6 years for those who would care haah) about 10ft in front of me.

I am going to miss living here..

Last edited:
How delightful! How free! You are beautiful when you do this.:)

Oh, so it's Rarechild who has you floating feet off the ground.

Ha. Yes and no. River and I get each other spiritually, but I am not the much-adored new ladyfriend.

I have enough to deal with, thank you very much. :)

-R

Oh, so the mystery continues. Excuse my prurient interest!

Gf and I are gonna go to the beach today. Yay! Perfect day expected, high of 80F. Yesterday was a bit too warm, got to 88.

Oh, so it's Rarechild who has you floating feet off the ground.

~I also adore Rarechild, and her family. And I'm learning to adore the rest of you as well.

~The cause of my recent joy-ecstacy was the ripening process of my life-long adoration of the Deep Earth (or "being" here on Earth, if you prefer).

~A ripe peach must fall.

~Or, in this case, rise. Rise to be eaten by children, birds or worms. Come all ye who are hungry and feed on this flesh--this flesh which is all of life, which I am, which you are. Feed on your own poems! Serve them up as silence and dance!

~So, yes, I do love Rarechild completely. My beloved is all of life, and it was "M" of Minnessota (m&m) who pointed to the moon in my heart with such skill and grace. She is my very special one. She serves awakening tea.

~Never before have my feet been so solidly on Earth's true surface. I'm not floating; I have arrived.

Considering going for a walk. Anyone want to come?

Breathes is working on the other computer & I need to get away before his temper has me all hot and bothered (unfortunately NOT in a good way !)

I'll walk with you, Breathesgirl, just let me put on my boots and start up my helicopter. Where did you say you live?

Brigid-we have several friends heading out tomorrow as well. Though it's a bit closer for us. Have a good time and be safe! It takes 6-7 hrs to get to ohio and I hate making that drive alone.

I'm doing okay. Went to practice with Karma, got some good pictures. Sitting outside after being cooped up inside for a week and a half was great. Fresh air, good people, and a good time. Forgot how bad a large group of sweaty men can smell though. :)

I'm paying for sitting on the ground though, back hurts pretty bad.

Sorry to hear that your back hurts. My back, knee, hips, and ankle are a bit stiff from the long drive home, but I had an awesome time. It is looking like our unit might be attending the Five Armies interrealm event in Ohio in August.

I'll walk with you, Breathesgirl, just let me put on my boots and start up my helicopter. Where did you say you live?

lol Ontario, Canada. Not all that far from a small airport that used to be exclusively for small charters, private planes, etc. but now they've expanded for some commercial flights :(.

A little less tired, but still a little sore in the right leg from a week of camping, drinking, and fighting. I'm sporting a few new bruises, as well.

Upside is that I've got new projects to work on in the workshop, some new construction tech to try, and a few things to work on for the field.

So I'm doing pretty darn good, overall.

I had a great morning conversation to kick start my day..

topped off with a great day at work.. I was able to do something uber geeky and fix a problem at a site that had been having ongoing issues since we took over...

A fun ride where my cardio and skill level were finally getting up to par.. although I have walked away with an injury that will most definitely effect my sleep for a few nights.. and already has.. I am exhausted but can't get comfortable...

And then a meeting and then hanging out a bit.

All in all a great day. I am feeling rather blessed..

Back