Quoting Text Pasted into a Message

NeonKaos

Custodian
When you want to quote something that you have cut and pasted into the middle of a post, look at the icons above the text field and find the "bubble" like the thing they use in comics to put the words of whoever is talking. It is between the # sign and the icon with the mountains and sun.

Within your post, highlight the text you wish to quote, then click the quote-bubble icon. It really is that simple!
If you do not see a row of formatting icons with this symbol, click "Go Advanced" underneath the text field and you will see all the buttons.

However, what you need to do is make decisions that are RIGHT for YOURSELF, and don't get married or decide not to get married because of other people's opinions or your families' expectations. So far, it sounds like your crises stem from "what will everyone THINK if I do this or that?"

You have to decide what's right for YOU, and start putting yourself first in your life.
Too true!
MrFFR, dude, please use darker colors if you're gonna do the fancy formatting. My eyes are still recovering from the acid green.
Sorry! Since the other thread is closed, I couldn't use the usual technique of quoting. But I wanted the quotes to stand out as quotes and not get confused with my comments on them. I thought that darker colours would be too close to black to make that plain.
Koifish, the closer it gets to the wedding date, the more disastrous and havoc-wrecking cancelling it will be. The pooch is already screwed here. Now does not seem a good time to get married.

At this point, the wedding seems more about the event than the relationship, which ain't good.

Why do you want to get married now? I think this is a really important question.
100% in agreement. koifish: Pay special attention to the middle paragraph!

If you want to quote something, copy it to your clipboard, then click the little button at the top of the message field that is shaped like a quote bubble, then paste your quote between the bracketed portions

like this

Alternatively, you can type {QUOTE} {/QUOTE} around what you want to quote, but instead of curly brackets, use straight brackets.

If you want to quote something, copy it to your clipboard, then click the little button at the top of the message field that is shaped like a quote bubble, then paste your quote between the bracketed portions

Alternatively, you can type {QUOTE} {/QUOTE} around what you want to quote, but instead of curly brackets, use straight brackets.
Thanks! Always learning... No more acid green (or green acid) for me!
:)

Last edited:
Italics, bold, or underlining should be enough for emphasis. I usually find your multi-colored posts hard to read as well.
Be fair, nycindie! Aside from my signature, I have used coloured lettering on very few occasions in the past. On this occasion, I already explained my reason for extensive use of colour. Offered an alternative by Neonkaos, I have promised not to do so again.

And you sent me a PM in which you complained that my "Italics, bold, or underlining" were "hard to read". Now you advise them?

And you sent me a PM in which you complained that my "Italics, bold, or underlining" were "hard to read". Now you advise them?

Well, judiciously, of course, and not necessarily all of them together! Nor throughout the whole post! My eyes go round and round in circles when there's too much!

Sorry, love. And sorry for continuing the highjack...

SWAK

Whenever I use the quick reply function, the text of the original post automatically appears in my own post. Its a pain to delete it if I dont want it there.
rn
rnWhat should I do?
rn
rnThanks

Back