Just curious what is your configuration?

What is the configuration of your relationship?

• Single

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Closed couple

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Swingers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couple and dating with no serious outside partners

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • V, N, or etc

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Triad, quad, etc

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • other

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dagferi

Since we have so many new people always curious about poly I wonder what the demographics of truly are of this site.

We are in a V, at least for now.

Currently GG feels that dating is off the table for him. He identifies as mono. He says there is a possibility that once the kids are grown he would consider the possibility of another woman, but not now.

Maca identifies as "undecided". He had a long term gf, but she moved away. He dated a few others and the amount of drama and bs was more than he felt it was worth. He stopped dating with the conclusion that "I'm not any good at dating" and has flat refused to consider the possibility in the last year or so.

I am in a V as the hinge.

Butch is poly curious but doesn't think the drama he keeps running across is worth it. A lot of cowgirls around here and he will not tolerate that.

Murf is 100% mono. He has no interest in no one else.

Closed couple — RugbyMan is firmly mono and won't consider trying anything open at this time.

While I am not currently speaking to any one in a romantic way, I do not believe in the concept of "ex's", meaning I don't "break-up" with people.~

So I would not consider myself "technically" "single".~ ^_^ :)

My love is eternal, my friendship everlasting.~

I may not speak with you or see you again for what ever circumstances for years or even not in this life again, but I will always love you and care about you and if you so wish and I so wish I will always welcome you back into my life with open arms and I will always have room for you in my life no matter what because although time and memories may fade my love will always be eternal.~

^_^

Last edited:
V with me as the hinge but DH & PR are buddies.

I was part of a triad that failed. And then the couple's marriage failed. He and I are rebuilding our relationship as his transition allows it. We are sure we will be together at some point in time, but have no idea about ultimate configuration.

When his divorce is final, he has decided to buy Lotus. He speaks of "slipping into his new lover." I tease him that we are already in a vee - me and the car with him as the hinge. :D

Closed couple. Outside of the past 6.5 months, the odds of me falling in love again are non-existent. DH is mono and has no interest in anyone else. It made more sense to close it.

It's complicated.

I've got 2 partners. GF lives with me, BF doesn't. He is married and lives with his wife. My gf has 2 other potentials and so does my bf (and both his potentials are poly)! I've decided not to date for a while. Way too much going on with all the others.

Currently I am the hinge of a V with M & C. C has various less-serious relationships mainly with T1 & T2. M is a new relationship but more serious than others I've had.

Physically we're in a V with JP as the hinge between J, his wife of 13+ years, and myself. Emotionally it's somewhere between a V and a triad.

J doesn't express any interest in dating outside of the relationship configuration we currently have - JP says that he couldn't handle another relationship - I haven't met anyone else that I'd be interested in dating.

Last edited:
The most easily identifiable relationship configuration is a V, with IV as a hinge between CV and I. This is the easiest to identify because the three of us are living together.

However none of us are bound to any kind of configuration in any way; IV and CV have other partners and are dating other people. I'm currently only seeing IV.

It's complicated

Hinge of a few Vs, with some of the arms of each V also each their own hinge.

That's confusing. Here's a better way. Married, and the hubby and I both are dating people who are also married, and in some cases, THEIR spouses are in other relationships.

No recognizable shape or letter :rolleyes:

I'm with Moonlight and Fly as sort of semi-co-primaryishes. Moonlight considers herself mono, I consider myself poly, and Fly considers himself open. Fly has one ongoing FWB and also has casual sex. Additionally, I have a beloved sexy friend, Punk, who is married and involved in some sort of kinky poly tribe that I don't really understand.

I'm not sure I could explain it, so I drew a picture:

path3843-3-8-4-6-92-97-7-5-6-3-7-1-3-6_zps504bd735.png

I'm the blue one.

When you say dating other people but not serious, do you mean that there is a rule saying it can't be serious, or you aren't serious with anyone else right now?

Dating but not serious right now.

I'm the hinge in a V between my hubby and my boyfriend, but part of an N with a tassel on the end - my boyfriend is married and his wife has several play partners.

Back