Uncommon Virgin Poly Activist From The North

edpsy77

Hello

I am kind of a ironic first time member to the poly forum. I happen to be a virgin who is far more interested in defending polyamorous behavior than being in a polyamorous relationship. The topic of sexual jealousy fascinates me. It is something that I obsess over from a philosophical perspective. I am dedicated to being one of the most vocal defenders of not only polyamory but all sexual liberal behaviors and professions (sex work, polyamory, swinging etc.) I look forward to listening to all of your experiences practicing poly and living within a mono dominant society.

Greetings edpsy77,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'll admit that it is unusual to meet a man who defends polyamory but doesn't practice it personally, however I think that's kind of cool and am happy to meet you here. I encourage you to post here and there and interact with the various members, I for one would like to get to know you better. I'm with you on defending all sexually-liberal behaviors and professions!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Just trying to meet poly folks as potential friends

I'll admit that it is unusual to meet a man who defends polyamory but doesn't practice it personally, however I think that's kind of cool and am happy to meet you here. I encourage you to post here and there and interact with the various members, I for one would like to get to know you better. I'm with you on defending all sexually-liberal behaviors and professions!
To honest with you. I came on the poly board to meet potential friends. If I pursued a relationship with someone they would have to be at least poly accepting even if he or she wanted to stay monogamous. I find it problematic to have close friends in the mono vanilla world because ultimately the subject of romantic partners will arise. If I have two girlfriends who I care about, I am not going to hide this fact in order please the majority of society. If my future girlfriend wants all of her lovers, known I am not going conceal this fact. If I had friends who are poly accepting and even practice poly that potential issue is already solved. So we can seek a connection beyond being poly.

I see what you mean. Hopefully you can make some friends here, we are a pretty friendly bunch so the chances are good. Also I am wondering, do you have any local poly groups in your area? If you do, that is another potential way to make friends. Once in awhile people who meet on this forum become more than friends. But not often! :p

Back