Samhain

BrigidsDaughter

While I know that Samhain is officially November 7th this year, our local family friendly goup will be celebrating tomorrow night after trick or treating.

I was wondering how you celebrate the turning of the wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
sooo, we live in a spiritually "mixed" household, and as such don't really do a lot of spirituality related things together. It's usually just individual, and I might be a bit weird here, but I'm a solo practitioner and I keep my own actions very private....
But as a family we always spend the day together carving our pumpkins and playing autumn time games, have a nice supper of seasonal foods (which we dress up as zombies to eat) and some discussion of the previous year and our feelings/hopes for the upcoming year. I always like for there to be some sort of working in the garden/yard too, like actual interaction with the earth.

Our family practices a mix of Christianity and paganism, we have been very solitary since moving back to NY, due to members of my family belonging to the preachy, borderline scary branch of Born Again Christianity.

Eating dinner dressed as zombies sounds like fun.

hi dear,
this samhain, for the first time after years and years, i spent the night "alone" offering chants (which were very well accepted!) and some very excellent incense to the Ancestors (genetical and souls ones) while my kids were out tricking and treating in the village :)
(normally i share the beginning of the year with the people i'm most close to -who live in the north of italy, now i live in the centre)

today there's my daughter birthday party going on, there are about 10 little ghosts downstairs here :rolleyes: one of them is playing the piano now :)
ooppss, and one is playing drums...:eek: eeeekkkkkk!!!! :D

WONDERFUL BEGINNING TO EVERYONE and a sweet year coming so to reach anything each of one of us Really Wants!!!

Last edited:
Back