The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

TL - nice job, sir :)

Ugh.

Spent this morning trying to calm Mo down after Asshole showed up unannounced on her facebook. I've never seen her physically react with nausea to the unexpected apearance of someone before. They last spoke when he got ahold of her - again unannounced and unwanted - three years ago and she told him what she thought of him then. So, we've heard nothing from him until now. She keeps all of her photos and everything set to where only friends can see them, and recently she set one album - pics from a Tuesday night practice - up to where friends of friends can see it, so that everyone who was there could tag themselves. And as soon as she does, this guy sends her a private message about those pics of her.

So Asshole, how long have you been cyberstalking my wife?
I discussed several options with her last night, IE blocking him, telling his wife what's going on and what he did to Mo, ect. But in the end, it's her decision to make. My job is to make sure she's mentally and emotionally taken care of right now, not to handle this myself.

Unless she asks me to.

I have an amazing husband. Instead of the several possibilities he had to go tonight, he's taking care of me. Icluding making me a very yummy dinner with his special dill and butter potatoes :) It's the little things :)

Trying to get my brain back in order and decide what to do. I can't decide if I just want to block the asshole, send him a message telling him to never contact me again, contact his wife or just ignore the whole thing.

Just kind of a ball of disconected emotion at the moment and irritated with myself for letting him get to me like that.

Exhausted. Got in from Dallas yesterday and just beat. My flights on both ends, had delays, were at really stupid times and had layovers. Poor planning on my part has knocked me on my ass.

Today is a day of nothing.. Not that I could do much if I tried.

Been feeling kind of blah the last couple of days mostly due to finances being super tight and the lack of any real creative days in the workshop since we got back. I realize the guys needed a break from 7 day a week build days, but I really struggled to keep the energy positive down in the shop while they were gone.

Pretty Lady sent me a free copy of one of her books Thursday night; which was amazing and I finished by Friday night. Yesterday we watched as my youngest sister graduated from high school. That, coupled with my son moving up to middle school in Sept, makes me feel old for some reason.

The derby game last night was intense. We were tied after the final jam. In the end the other team won by 10 points in the tie breaker. I've never seen a tied game before!

Feeling a bit relieved. For the past couple of days I've been worrying about Wendigo, as I haven't heard from him since I had to take him home early Wednesday. I finally got in contact with him today and found out that he hasn't been online because his sleep schedule is out of wack from spending Thursday at the doctor and Thursday night to Friday morning in the ER.

We were all concerned that his leg injury from Ragnarok was more serious than just a bruise/ strain from where our friend in metal greeves landed on him, but with no insurance Wendigo was reluctant to go to the doctor. I'm glad he did because the injured tissue was infected. So now he is home on antibiotics and allowing himself to rest for a few more days. Building armor, etc. before the next event in August can wait a few days while he gets better and gives me a few more days to relax around the house with Runic Wolf.

We were all concerned that his leg injury from Ragnarok was more serious than just a bruise/ strain from where our friend in metal greeves landed on him, but with no insurance Wendigo was reluctant to go to the doctor.

Eeek! It never occurred to me that people who don't have health insurance would be participating in activities like this, where there is such potential for getting hurt. I've had long periods of being uninsured in my life, it is scary to have an injury and then be more afraid of the bill then anything else. Maybe he can find an inexpensive insurance somehow? NYS has some options, I think. Also, I do believe that most hospitals in NYS have a fund that covers people who cannot pay - I know they are not allowed to turn away uninsured people.

With his wife being an author, they get paid in irregular lump sum payments - royalties or advances - so it makes it hard to get into any of the low or no cost insurances we have here in NY. They base if off of their annual income instead of monthly and that puts them over the line. Unfortunately when they do get the money they are throwing it at all teh bills that haven't been paid for months. So authors and artists, like Wendigo, learn to adapt to not having insurance for the most part until they hit the big time. It just means that all of her next royalty payment will go towards paying his hospital bill. :-(

So now he is home on antibiotics and allowing himself to rest for a few more days. Building armor, etc. before the next event in August can wait a few days while he gets better and gives me a few more days to relax around the house with Runic Wolf.

LOL, that sounds exactly like me :)

"Well, I broke myself too badly to fight..... time to BUILD STUFF!!!!"

And then Mohegan is lost in the pile of foam, tape, and cores for the next three days ;)

Well, since he does all his work here, Pretty Lady just has to deal with him being engrossed in armor websites and a sketch pad. I spent 5 hours on Wed finding the floor of the workshop, cleaning up foam, sweeping up everything that had gotten stuck to the spray adhesive on the floor, and sorting out what supplies we have left. I can't wait to get back into it though..... I got my new bow string in the mail the Tuesday after Rag and can't wait to use it.

Well, since he does all his work here, Pretty Lady just has to deal with him being engrossed in armor websites and a sketch pad. I spent 5 hours on Wed finding the floor of the workshop, cleaning up foam, sweeping up everything that had gotten stuck to the spray adhesive on the floor, and sorting out what supplies we have left. I can't wait to get back into it though..... I got my new bow string in the mail the Tuesday after Rag and can't wait to use it.

We live in an itty bitty 1 bedroom apartment that is cramped with the furniture we had in our nice 3 bedroom townhouse in Ohio. If he leaves his stuff out the whole living room is rendered useless.

We agreed that when house hunting, we'll be looking for a basement workshop. And I won't even go down there. He can leave it as messy as he wants.

I'm doing okay. Fighting a migriane. In a better frame of mind but still some lingering effects from the other night.

We live in an itty bitty 1 bedroom apartment that is cramped with the furniture we had in our nice 3 bedroom townhouse in Ohio. If he leaves his stuff out the whole living room is rendered useless.

We agreed that when house hunting, we'll be looking for a basement workshop. And I won't even go down there. He can leave it as messy as he wants.

I'm doing okay. Fighting a migriane. In a better frame of mind but still some lingering effects from the other night.

*hugs and healing energy* We have a 3 bedroom townhouse with a full basement and when we moved in there was a perfectly good workbench with pounding board that the landlord was going to get rid of and we asked to keep. Make sure that whatever you find has good ventillation as DAP and spray adhesive have some interesting effects in enclosed spaces.....

The house is quiet.. and ufc is on.. Fight night.. I guess I am watching it at the wrong time, but its good to put on something I can enjoy... these quiet times rarely last, but its enjoyable non the less. :)

I'm checking into a sleep study tomorrow. Since this past Sunday morning and through the end of this week, I can't have caffeine, alcohol, juices, or any of my vitamins.

Today I really want a cup of coffee but can't have one! :(

I went there last week to get hooked up for my first overnight that determined I qualify for participation. I guess it means that I definitely do have obstructive sleep apnea since I qualified. It was wild sleeping with a tube in my nose and what seemed like hundreds of wires and electrodes attached to my face, head, legs, and arms, plus two thick bands across my torso (like heart monitors that runners wear). In reality, there weren't that many wires, but I toss and turn a lot, so in the morning all the wires were wrapped around me like a belt and the tech had to untangle me!

That time, I checked in around 9pm and lights out was 12:30. No biggie. This time, because they have to take blood, etc., I have to checkin at 10am and be there at the clinic all day before bedtime! They have a lounge with TV, computers, etc., but geez, all frickin' day. I'm going to bring stuff to give myself a manicure.

It's all worth it, though. In about a month, I'll get paid and it will cover a month's rent and a little extra.

Last edited:
I'm quite sad and worried ...

Wildfire is destroying some of my favorite places on Earth right now--and nearby. The fire started only about 24 hours ago, yet has already grown to about fifty thousand acres! Unbelievable! I've never heard of a fire growing this rapidly, ever.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation...itor-center-forces-los-alamos-evacuation.html

This is very, very sad. We need a lot of rain, fast. Nothing else will help.

A nice night with pengrah. I have been a lil off.. So what do I do.. Cook..

Mushroom porcini stock, made from dried porcini mushrooms, some regular buttons all made into a nice mushroom truffle risotto. Turns out a lil like cream of mushroom soup but quite an amazing flavor. Throw in some goat milk for the creamy and it you end up with a pengrah friendly dish.
Served with a roast chicken and some asparagus and you have a healthy dinner with a butt load of flavor.

Back to cooking and then a movie night.

Ari-that sounds amazing!

I'm doing good. Sent a letter to frat boy. I told him he could have all the emotions I carried for 10yrs. I was done with them and it was about time he dealt with it. Then I blocked him and broke down. Karma was right beside me the whole time. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but today I woke up after the first good sleep I've had in days, and I smiled. I fel good today. Refreshed. Anger is gone, fear is gone.

Taking it easy today. Karma is playing video games and I am just going to read and relax.

We need a lot of rain, fast. Nothing else will help.

Since I wrote that it's cooled considerably and it looks and smells and feels like rain coming in. Pray for rain for us! :p (I'm not much of a prayer guy, but, hey, what do I know?)

Back