Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Derbylicious

After work, Redpepper and I got together for a chat before her evening with Derby. The talk turned to how I felt about Derby in our lives. She's not just in Redpepper's, she's in mine. That's how I roll. :cool:

Last weekend at poly camp, Derby and I took the kids to the beach in the morning and sat in the sand drinking coffee. It simply felt good to be in her presence. She is a kind and caring person who, as Redpepper describes, is a "breath of fresh air."

As Redpepper and I continued our talk, I found myself getting choked up at this new relationship for both of them. I wasn't sad or jealous. I was genuinely grateful that Derby is who she is. She is a warm and compassionate woman who values Redpepper's heart and trust the way I do, I believe. I feel her good intentions and am happy they have each other. Derby has added to Redpepper's life and through Redpepper's connection with her, I have added to my own.

In another couple of weeks we will be having another poly-friendly camping weekend and Rolypoly will also be attending. :) I am looking forward to all of us being together as friends and partners.

Peace and love,
Mono

M and I talked on the phone this evening and finished up bill planning for the month. It was nice to just "hang out" even if it was on the phone. We got the bills laid out together and I got laundry put away as well.

My sister and her husband took the kids for pizza at their place next door and my parents are asleep after babysitting for her earlier today. So it's kind of quiet and relaxing.

The sun is just setting.

I was going to go for a walk. Overdue for one, since I missed yesterday's, too. But I decided to pop on here, say hello and then I think I'm going to go to bed early for some sweet dreams. ;)

I wish I were going to be there as planned this next month! I hope I can make it to Victoria to visit before winter hits. Then maybe during the winter I can go to Whistler! :D

Had a really nice night with Derby. Caught up on some stuff we needed to talk about and stuff about other people in our lives that we needed to talk about also. Always the discussions and expression of feelings. :)

We held hands as we walked through a local market. Had some Thai food. Then went home for snuggling. I am honoured that Derby is in my life. Such a beautiful woman. We have so much to learn about each other and so much to come, too. I am looking forward to it all and taking my time. Enjoying the journey.

I'm suddenly feeling like I have an awful lot to live up to! :eek:

On the other hand I really feel as though I have a place in this tribe/constellation. I'm having all kinds of emotions today (good ones) and I'm working on putting words to them.

-Derby

Adrian moved in last night, kinda by accident. I already posted about it in "how are you doing?," so I'll leave out the details here. But that which was planned for down the road happened because the opportunity was there, and everyone seems much happier and relaxed today, like a missing piece in our household has been found. Much happiness.

On our way to our bi-weekly get-together with close friends. This is only the 2nd time Adrian has met them. We love these get-togethers as these are our closest freinds and they know and for the most part "get" our situation, and it's not awkward. (Aside from the one frequently drunk friend who is madly in love with Violet and frequently invades my personal space to tell me how lucky I am, over and over.) The food is always good. *sigh* Looking forward to a great, relaxing night in the pool to cool off with some great people. (It was 112 F, or roughly 45 C today.)

You can keep the 45+ degree weather! 30+ is bad enough! Especially with the humidex factored in & working in a factory where you wouldn't know the a/c was working if you weren't standing right under it, working around steam & the wind blowing the wrong direction!

Sharing Success and Happiness :)

We went to poly camp last weekend and did a couple of workshops. On Sunday morning, we started packing up before the second workshop, as we wanted to be ready to go after it.

The workshop before us was on massage. Derby, having finished packing, agreed to be the one massaged for the demo. I watched from afar as the woman talked about stuff and then slowly moved Derby's towel down. Soon it was below her bum. I was jealous, pacing back and forth uncomfortably, not knowing what to do, confused that I would even be worried or concerned or hurt. What the heck? Nerdist and Mono were laughing at me.

I was getting more agitated, as people were poking and prodding her, when up pops Derby's head from the back of the group and starts walking back over to us. My jaw dropped! It wasn't her at all, but some guy that had offered first. She came over looking all confused, saying, "What? What?" I felt like an idiot, but was relieved at the same time!

Nerdist and I moved our old mattress from our bed out onto the lawn the other day and put a "free" sign on it. The thing was huge and awkward, but I was determined that we would do it, and before Nerdist had to leave for a dinner date. Nerdist was all dressed up and I was in my shorty pj shorts and rather revealing tank top. I don't normally dress like that out in public, as it is never hot enough here to get used to that, so I felt rather exposed.

Mono had propped it up against the house for us before he left and he made it look so easy. He is far stronger than Nerdist or me. So we began tackling the thing and kept dropping it, not being able to get a grip and falling all over the place. Both Nerdist and I were getting irritated and bickered back and forth about how we thought the other should do it and how much time he had.

At some point it became hilariously funny, as neither of us could manage to move the stupid thing! It really just wasn't working to pull it all over and fight about how to navigate it to the front lawn. We began laughing.

Eventually, we got it there. By then we had dropped it on the flower beds, had fallen on it, tripped, yelled at each other and were laughing in hysterics! It was like a comedy! Me half naked and him all dressed up. hahaha! Of course, everyone on the street was walking their dogs at that time of night too! Or so it seemed, anyway. :p Ha, funny. :D

The highlight of my week has been taking Possibility driving *groan*. He's not bad at it, really. I just get nervous when it's someone OTHER than me behind the wheel. Why was it a highlight instead of a lowlight? I got to see Possibility AND the car is air conditioned! If we could just get rid of this humidity.

I go around in PJ shorts & tank quite a bit, actually.

Hey breathes, it is usually cold here, due to wind off the ocean. A cold current runs in the strait between the island and the mainland. In fact, it actually was not warm enough to wear pj shorts and a tank top. It would be seen like you wearing a spring/fall jacket when everyone is sweltering with the heat. Nerdist wore his winter coat all year round until I bought him a spring/fall jacket. As it is, he still wears a hoody underneath! Hope that gives more perspective. :D

I've been to BC once, for expo '86:). For some reason I can't remember the weather there other than it was a lot more comfortable than California & Washington were, lol.

Breathes ALWAYS wears a leather jacket. He claims it's his version of a purse, lol. He works in a kitchen so his going from that to the outside is equivalent to one of us going from the a nice comfortable apartment to -10, lol & since he catches pretty much everything going around it's his way of trying to avoid the colds & stuff. It drives the rest of us totally nutty though since the temps have been in the high 20's and low 30's, plus humidex, and he's out there in a COAT!

I just got in from dropping him off at work & it's already in the low 20's & I'm in shorts & tank, lol.

Had a great trip over to the local island to help Redpepper's parents move into a summer cottage. They are finally starting to realize that I am here to help them, as well as Redpepper's family. Things are getting better and better. :)

Had a great trip over to local island to help Redpepper's parent's move into a summer cottage/home. They are finally starting to realize that I am here to help them as well as Redpepper's family. Things are getting better and better:)

I'm glad to hear it. I saw the picture you posted of the place yesterday and last night I had a dream that I went there. Looks like a peaceful spot.

I'm glad to hear it. I saw the picture you posted of the place yesterday and last night I had a dream that I went there. Looks like a peaceful spot.

It is, although it brings up sadness for Redpepper. I bet we will all visit there one day. Maybe a day trip!

I had a great talk with Redpepper today. It focussed on the idea of stability in relationships. The learning never stops, it seems. I'm lucky to have such an intelligent partner in discovery, as well as a gorgeous lover. :)

I had a great talk with Redpepper today. It focussed on the idea of stability in relationships. The learning never stops, it seems. I'm lucky to have such an intelligent partner in discovery, as well as a gorgeous lover.

Where is the "like" button when you need it?

Back