Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Please tell me you are having fresh lobster. Mmmm...:D

Enjoy the trip, Mon. Always good to visit the other yard once in a while.

He has written me several notes to be opened at various times while he is away. For a year now he has left me love notes in the park by the ocean that I run to. He leaves them in a little crevice in a stone monument at the park. We have had to change the spot a few times, as we are found out eventually and notes go missing. One time someone wrote us back to say how lovely they were.

Wow, that's a great story. :) Very movie script-like.

Please tell me you are having fresh lobster. Mmmmm...:D

Enjoy the trip, Mon. Always good to visit the other yard once in a while.

I sure will, my friend. :) It's a good visit and it is really making me think about how special Redpepper and the family we are building are.

I read your WHOLE thread! What a great read! Very inspirational!

Your love and devotion reminds me so much of what I receive from my husband. It is a lovely, lovely gift.

Warmly,
sumx3

Thanks, Sum Sum. :)

I just finished a Skype with Redpepper's family and my parents. Very cool!

Big step forward!

I have been out to my parents and family for 13 out of 17 months. They live across the country however, so that makes them connecting with the reality of my chosen family less real. As I am visiting them, I set up a Skype with my parents and Redpepper, Polynerdist, and their son. We had a great face-to-face chat.

My parents got to experience the love we all have for each other. My family is real to them now. They have faces and my parents can't help but have trust in the health of our relationship and care for the people I love so dearly. I feel very happy that I can speak so freely about my family now and see understanding in their eyes. :) They are now considered my family and an extension of my happiness, which is all any parent wants for their children.

I am a tad jealous with the whole outing thing. Err... turned on.

Since "we" are new, this topic is JUST now coming up.

Except for my work situation, I don't see a big problem if and when that is what we choose to do. BUT the work situation is a BIG issue. I get scared just thinking about it.

No point in dealing with the devil at this point.
For now, I will just enjoy your liberation.

xoxo
sumx3

WOAH, there. I'm mono, really, really mono. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, coming out at work is not a big priority for me. Everyone knows about Redpepper, but only a few know about the dynamic we have. I wanted to come out to family because I need to be able to share what I do in my life and who is important to me. Why come out if it makes things weird at work?

We are definitely enjoying a new level of openness in my family. My parents and sisters ask about my chosen family now, and it is out of concern instead of curiosity-- although they still have lots!

What a week! Although I have been missing Redpepper and my chosen family like crazy, this has been a great step forward for my family across the country. Through the miracle of Skyping and deep honest talks, my parents and sisters now understand and see the happiness I have with Redpepper and family. They asked a lot of questions about our future intentions. My dad asked if I "love" her. My sister asked about the bisexuality aspect and about the other people involved. I answered everything truthfully and they responded with acceptance and no judgement. Skyping allowed them to see the smiling faces of Polynerdist and their son. There is such freedom in honesty. This trip has bridged gaps in understanding and removing the unknown.

I can't wait to get back to my family out west, with all the other foundations that have been formed with my family out here. Connections have been made.
PHP:

Mon, that is EXCELLENT! I'm so glad to hear that another person had a calm and rational time explaining their poly situation to family. That is wonderful. Big hugs all the way around!
;)

Back