What did you do today that made you smile?

What made me smile may make you look at me quizzically

I put the music on really loud in my house, dragged out and cleaned my deck furniture, changed the belt on my vacuum, then swept, washed the windows and cleaned out the fridge. Yeah I know I am a nerd, cleaning relaxes me...and when it is done I smile.:eek::D

I managed to hitch-hike as far as the village where I connect to Internet (on my way home from 3400+km of hitching to Germany and back). Met some really nice people on the way.

It's raining now and I'm looking forward so much to seeing my vegetable garden after 3 weeks away! Hopefully my bamboo [transplanted and hitch-hiked last year from 400km away] will have new shoots by now...

I cleaned and then spent the day curled up with my dog and Netflix while J was at work. Now we're sprawled out on the bed, him on the PS3 and me on the net and we reach over every so often for some cuddles. I love nights like these :D

I curled up in Maca's lap in the tub (we were actually taking a shower-but I was having an emotional moment) and shared my emotional b.s.
He held onto me, let me vent.

Then we got cleaned up, climbed out and busted our asses on the flooring.

Entryway tile looks awesome! Kitchen is ready to go.

I watched an interesting BBC documentary about Polyamory called "I Love You. And You. And You. - End Of Monogamy" and I was pleased to see Polyamory shown in a (mostly) positive light. I'm planning on showing my partner the film, as we are making the switch to Polyamory soon, and I am very excited about that.

Work

Today @ work I was chosen best of the bunch for lunch for my department and tomorrow I get to be apart of a catered lunch with other people chosen from their departments. This makes me smile.

Not much.. but I am smiling. That says a lot.. excited by summer, new job, moving and lots of stuff happening.. The future in some ways is very bright..

Last edited:
Not so much anything I *did* per say but I did hear back from the doc and my rib isn't broken but rather bruised..which means a shorter healing time and no risk of puncturing my lung. I'm still not going to be able to scrimmage until I don't have pain but I think I can be back on skates by Monday!

Got some sleep??????

Sitting here on the computer while one son plays a video game and the other checks his email:). Time spent with kids while in the same room rather than text. THUMBS UP!

I stuck a speech bubble on a film poster of the latest "Pirates Of The Caribbean" offering. It's facing cars waiting at the lights next to the square where we're camped out for the "Spanish Revolution". And now Jack Sparrow [Johnny Depp] is saying: "The most piratical pirates that I know are the bankers."

Stopped and gave my great friend of 33 years a birthday hug on the way to spend some time with my Mom on her birthday!! :) I love that these two strong, amazing women share their special day! This was the one bright spot in my day.

Back