Enjoying new mental freedom!

LadyMacbeth

I am following the recent post of my husband Macbeth. He and I began openly discussing opening our relationship about one week ago, although we have been "joking" about it for around 10 years. We have been married for 15 years. We married young and were very religious at the time, and were both virgins when married and have both been completely monogomous. We completely untangled ourselves from religion about two years ago, and have been re-evaluating our life choices and the many societal and religious conventions that we were raised with.

So, it has been invigorating, exciting, erotic, and liberating. We are taking it really slowly, but the concept has opened both of our eyes to some friends that we have. Even being able to look at a friend in a new way and have no fear about feeling chemistry or attraction, and then being able to tell Macbeth immediately about the feelings has been one of the more liberating experiences of my adult life! Be certain we will post regularly as we come to understand our own needs, parameters, and desires.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations to both of you on this evolution and growth.

Isn't it just!

You couldn't have said it better. I know exactly what you mean, and am just starting to talk with my husband too after lots of skirting around and star aligning.

The social aspect is truly powerful. Both of us have been amazed at how much more fun we've been having, just being with people and not worrying about "appearances" and protecting and policing the other- we were never the dramatic type, but I just didn't realize how ingrained these draining habits had become. It feels so good to have the walls come down. Fresh air.. ahh.

Welcome too the forum, both of you.

Welcome! The two of you are off to a great start with open communication!

Welcome!

Back